WS3-14E-600-AC not pingable

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirbryan

WS3-14E-600-AC not pingable

Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:26 pm

I have a used (new to me) WS3-14E-600-AC that I was told never really got used in the field. I've got it reset to defaults, and can talk to it via the serial port, but I can't ping or browse into it.

Upon boot up, it responds to pings to 192.168.1.20 for one second, then stops. I can see it responding to ARP requests, and I can see it generating responses, but neither of my laptops acknowledges them. I haven't figured out if it's a VLAN tagging issue or what. It also doesn't pass traffic through the switch. The default config (from the CLI) looks similar to those of the other switches I've configured, so I suspect there is a bug between what the config says and what's actually being pushed to the switch.

The switch is a Rev D and is running 2.0.6rc2. I have 2.0.8 downloaded, just no way to get it on; the instructions appear to only be for devices running the 1.5.x train.

KBrownConsulting

Re: WS3-14E-600-AC not pingable

Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:05 pm

I'm assuming WS3-14E-600-AC is a typo and not a new secret model?

I have 2.0.8 downloaded, just no way to get it on; the instructions appear to only be for devices running the 1.5.x train.

By instructions, do you mean: FIRMWARE RECOVERY VIA CONSOLE PORT

Have you tried all the reset options? Not all factory defaults are created equally

I
f those options don't work hopefully someone from Netonix will give you more suggestions. Best of luck.

sirbryan

Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:43 am

Yeah, tried most of those (pinhole and command line). I haven't tried the long pinhole reset, but it's not throwing any errors on boot.

I ended up plugging it into my house network, changed the IP mode to DHCP, and it pulled an IP. From there I got on the web GUI to update to 2.0.8.

There must be something with the way my laptops' adapters are configured. They worked with the other handful of Netonix switches I was working with on the bench, but not this one for some reason.

sirbryan

Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:28 pm

Follow up:

After getting 2.0.8 on there and resetting it to defaults, it is reachable from my laptop on the default IP. It must have been some kind of oddball bug in the 2.0.6rc firmware.

Return to Hardware and software issues