NON-smart DC switches

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
LRL
Experienced Member

NON-smart DC switches

Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:24 am

I have a couple questions that I've been unable to find.

1. Do the non-smart DC switches offer the same power down/up features as the smart, such as by input voltage?
- We use these for power outage situations so we can automatically save battery time by shedding the load of redundant links.

2. What is the hard specifics on the input voltage range?
- Everything I find says 48-52, but what if input is 54-55? Or in the case of a power failure where batteries start draining and we fall below 48? Chris had originally said something about the 48v poe output going away at some point, but it's unclear if that's what happens.
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

LRL
Experienced Member

Re: NON-smart DC switches

Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:41 pm

Anyone?
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

thomas

Re: NON-smart DC switches

Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:42 am

if it's a non dc-dc switch, it will pass whatever voltage you provide to the 48v poe bus, so if oyu feed it 54V, it's going to dump about 53.5V out for 48v poe. the board itself runs off buck converters rated for 60V, but 48vin is clamped with a 51v diode that breaks down around 57V.

Return to Hardware and software issues