Power supply tolerances

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
mnitech

Power supply tolerances

Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:28 am

One of our WS-12-250-AC units died. No LEDs showing at all. Luckily a company down the street repairs power supplies so they fixed it. However, the console now shows messages like

switch[1756]: 48V is out of range (47.0V)

I checked several others and the voltage seems to be 49.0 or so. Is there a chart of the expected output voltage and tolerances of the power supplies?

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Re: Power supply tolerances

Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:24 am

I tried to get some detail on how the 48V was regulated as I wanted to nudge it up a bit to power a long run feeding a MINI. All I got was that the voltage is set using discrete components. Probably the guy that fixed your power supply would know what component needs to be changed.

If Netonix won't give you the answer you seek, perhaps Thomas Daniel at repairs@isptechnology.ca would.

thomas

Re: Power supply tolerances

Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:03 pm

any lower than 47.5v in the 48VIN will drop the green bar to red on the status page. the AC PSUs seem to put out 50-51v under no load.

plugged into the switch, what are you measuring coming from the power supp.y? you can poke your leads in behind the back of the connector. if you've got an ooooold unit, you could have a bunk c51 in your PSU. julian used to fix them, but I'd rather drink paint than tear down a $50 power supply. if you are measuring low under load, I'm pretty sure netonix will sell you a replacement power supply

Return to Hardware and software issues