WS3 High CPU

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
bajaconnect

WS3 High CPU

Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:49 am

I've just installed two WS3 Switches, they are linked to each other with SFP+ one has CCR 1009 Router
Both have high CPU, 97-99%, I've turned off, SNMP, SMTP, anything that could be hogging the CPU

on install both had 2.0.7 FM, I updated on to 2.0.8RC to see if this helped, it did not help both FM show 97-98 CPU

We have ran bandwidth tests from this tower router to neighboring tower routers, and we are not seeing any full maxing of the CPU and traffic seams ok. But we are at low usage time currently.

anyone any idea what can be done.

mayheart
Experienced Member

Re: WS3 High CPU

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:25 am

I've reported it here, viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7596

Have not heard anything about it yet.

bajaconnect

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:54 pm

These Switches have been running for few days now, CPU still shows 97-99% on both FW. 2.0.7 and 2.0.8RC.
We are low season and passing around 800Mbps at peek. CPU doesn’t change in low traffic or high, services turned off or on. I am concerned that it will reboot at 100% as stated in other posts? But I’ve not seen 100% yet only 99…
I’ve also checked SSH status and it’s show the same so it’s not a browser issue as you login to GUI.
Does anyone know how to look at CPU processes? Like TOP?
I’m not seeing anything in help?
Our season is about a month out and as most of you know hardware is in high demand with low stocks.
Really appreciate a reply from forum admin on what can be done?
Starlink just came to our area and there is none stop wow on Facebook etc, so want to get our speeds up as much as I can and save a landslide client loss. Uptime is super important!

mayheart
Experienced Member

Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:20 pm

The very high cpu usage doesn't seem to affect anything other than ssh/webui responsiveness.

All packet switching is done at hardware level, bypassing the CPU.

I have about 3gbps of traffic going through one of these switches and everything seems fine.

Return to Hardware and software issues