Issues migrating to new PTP between 2 switches

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
TheHox
Experienced Member

Issues migrating to new PTP between 2 switches

Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:01 pm

I have 2 tower sites with an existing wireless PTP between them with a Netonix at both sides.
Today we installed a 2nd PTP path (AF60-XR) between the two sites plugged into the same Netonix switches at each tower site, with the new port disabled on the remote side to not cause a loop.

We are ready to kick traffic over to the new PTP. I enabled the new port, disabled the old port and hit save on the remote switch, and I loose access to the switch.

I see some traffic pass the radio link, but can't ping or access the remote switch. Eventually the switch reverts the config back after 180 seconds and we are back on the original path.
I tried to enable both PTPs at the same time for the hell of it, and the Netonix detects a loop and disables one of the ports for 180 sec so I disable the new link.

What am I doing wrong here?

(PS. The current PTP is actually a PTMP sector with one of the clients being the CPE at the remote tower site, so therefor I am not able to totally disable that PTMP port as there are other clients on it.)

master port.png

master vlan.png

remote.png

Return to Hardware and software issues