WS-6-MINI - Random reboots?

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sbyrd
Experienced Member

WS-6-MINI - Random reboots?

Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:24 am

I have a WS-6-Mini powered by a Ubnt POE-50V-60W power supply. It is powering 4 devices. One AF5XHD @ 48VH and three R5-AC-Prims @24V. It was installed 44 days ago to replace a UI Toughswitch-5 that was at the time powering the three R5AC-Prisms and one R5AC-Lite. Toughswitch had been in service for over 4 years without any random reboots. I upgraded the switch when I installed tha AF5XHD.

It is on battery backup so I know the power is stable. What has happened it so far two times in 44 days the switch and all the devices on the switch have rebooted. An AF5X and NSM5 on the same power source and not powered by the switch have not rebooted so I do not believe it is the AC power source as they are connected to the same UPS.

Is the switch going bad, or is there something else going on? What should I investigate or should I just replace the switch?

sbyrd
Experienced Member

Re: WS-6-MINI - Random reboots?

Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:39 am

The switch was installed on 6-30-22. The first reboot was on 7-4-22 at at 5am and the second on 7-17-22 at 2am. Both times were outside of peak usage hours.

Switch FW is 1.5.12. STP is disabled. Loop protection and storm control are off.

Switch is reports average Watts usage around 35-45W.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:57 am

sbyrd wrote:What should I investigate or should I just replace the switch?

I would replace the switch to see if the reboots stop. I have one WS-6-MINI that has started to reboot when I increase the load on it. When I swapped it out, the reboots stopped.

thomas

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:37 pm

lligetfa wrote:
sbyrd wrote:What should I investigate or should I just replace the switch?

I would replace the switch to see if the reboots stop. I have one WS-6-MINI that has started to reboot when I increase the load on it. When I swapped it out, the reboots stopped.

some feedback from my side of the fence: I've been seeing issues with the 3A input schottkey on a lot of the minis getting red hot and drawing more than they should, sometimes over 3A @ 50v. powering that with a POE brick would cause reboots. I have been replacing them with 5A SMC diodes and calling it a day

Return to Hardware and software issues