v1.5.14 Bug Reports and Comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
scracha

Re: v1.5.14 Bug Reports and Comments

Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:37 pm

I have 97 Netonix switches, a mix of 8, 12 and 26 port models with 1.5.11 -> 1.5.14. Memory leaks fixed on most of them but I've got one that's just started doing it after a 3 years of mainly trouble free running.

No broadcast, STP nor discovery running. I disabled SNMP but it made no difference.

I have tftp backups of the switch configs since it was installed. Nothing was changed on Saturday at the site.

What did change on Saturday was one of the WATCHDOG targets started failing as the target site was upgraded with a new IP address. This would imply there is a missing delete[] call(s) somewhere in the watchdog subroutine(s)

netonix.png

netonix2.png

mayheart
Experienced Member

Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:11 pm

Any update on the various issues people have reported with applying configuration changes?

KBrownConsulting

Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:46 pm

@scracha
What happened Sunday to free up the memory? Did the switch crash/reboot?

scracha wrote:I have 97 Netonix switches, a mix of 8, 12 and 26 port models with 1.5.11 -> 1.5.14. Memory leaks fixed on most of them but I've got one that's just started doing it after a 3 years of mainly trouble free running.

No broadcast, STP nor discovery running. I disabled SNMP but it made no difference.

I have tftp backups of the switch configs since it was installed. Nothing was changed on Saturday at the site.

What did change on Saturday was one of the WATCHDOG targets started failing as the target site was upgraded with a new IP address. This would imply there is a missing delete[] call(s) somewhere in the watchdog subroutine(s)

netonix.png

netonix2.png

jpmoller

Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:22 pm

I feel like a lot of this might be falling on deaf ears, but we are also having a number of VLAN issues on this firmware. Pretty sure it was also present on 1.5.12. Adding VLANs to the switch seem to apply, but when plugging hosts in, they don't come online on the expected VLANs. Switch MAC table doesn't show the host on the port. We have to then toggle the VLAN off and back on for it to take effect.

mayheart
Experienced Member

Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:20 pm

jpmoller wrote:I feel like a lot of this might be falling on deaf ears, but we are also having a number of VLAN issues on this firmware. Pretty sure it was also present on 1.5.12. Adding VLANs to the switch seem to apply, but when plugging hosts in, they don't come online on the expected VLANs. Switch MAC table doesn't show the host on the port. We have to then toggle the VLAN off and back on for it to take effect.

Yeah I've seen this problem a few times when adding new vlans. 1.5.5 is one of the last good versions we've came across.

Netonix staff, can we get these issues looked into? Something went south with applying new VLANs and the handling of SFP ports between 1.5.6 and 1.5.14.

jdiggity

Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:55 pm

KBrownConsulting wrote:I haven't tested it, but what if you bounce the port from the port options menu?

jdiggity wrote:I have a problem with DHCP snooping. While it does work as normal when I first enable it on a port. If I disable it it still continues to block DHCP traffic until I reboot the switch. It will also not block if you enable it from one port and disable the other. It sticks with the original configuration until its rebooted. The checkmarks are updated properly on the page but doesn't work until reboot.

WS-8-150-DC

Thanks for the reply,

Rebooting the switch doesn't power cycle the actual device. Is their a way to recycle the port without loss of power?

JD

KBrownConsulting

Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:34 pm

jdiggity wrote:
KBrownConsulting wrote:I haven't tested it, but what if you bounce the port from the port options menu?

jdiggity wrote:I have a problem with DHCP snooping. While it does work as normal when I first enable it on a port. If I disable it it still continues to block DHCP traffic until I reboot the switch. It will also not block if you enable it from one port and disable the other. It sticks with the original configuration until its rebooted. The checkmarks are updated properly on the page but doesn't work until reboot.

WS-8-150-DC

Thanks for the reply,

Rebooting the switch doesn't power cycle the actual device. Is their a way to recycle the port without loss of power?

JD

I'm confused by your reply but to maybe answer your question, on the Status tab, the Gear icons at the right allow you to "Port Bounce Link" or for PoE ports, "Port Bounce POE"

jpmoller

Wed May 31, 2023 5:10 pm

For any others with the memory leak issue with the snmp server, we've created a cronjob that evaluates the memory at 3am. If available memory is low, it restarts the server. If that doesn't fix the memory issue, the host is rebooted.

If you're interested, flick me a message. Happy to share it with the community.

Fun fact, even though cron is in the list of services that are meant to be started at boot, it does in fact not start up. I should be surprised, but alas...

KBrownConsulting

Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:48 pm

@jpmoller - I'd love to see your cronjob script.

scracha

Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:35 pm

KBrownConsulting wrote:@scracha
What happened Sunday to free up the memory? Did the switch crash/reboot?

Yes, the netonix rebooted. I can confirm there is definitely a memory leak in the watchdog as similar happened at another site where a destination IP address for the watchdog had changed.
memory_leak_watchdog.png
memory_leak_watchdog2.png

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues