v1.5.14 Bug Reports and Comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
bipbaep

Re: v1.5.14 Bug Reports and Comments

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:36 am

That might be. But not all of us has started to use, or can use, the WS3 line yet.
And the development for the original WS line doesn't seem to have the same attention any longer.

jpmoller

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:05 pm

Quick update.

Have deployed our first switch on 1.5.14, and still getting the memory leak issue
Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 1.05.13 PM.png
Memory leak

The break in the graph is when the new switch was installed on the latest firmware

Cole.Linsley

Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:54 am

We have been ahving the same issue with this Memory Leak all switches are on either 1.5.11 and 1.5.14 but we were wondering whats in common between our switches that are rebooting and it seems like its Board Version B. I have seen switches on other Board Versions we have that are not rebooting even if Memory Usage is at 100%. We have been temporarily disabling and reenabling SNMP on the switches which clears the memory after re-enabling SNMP.

On Board Version B we have two switches that we completely disabled SNMP and Discovery on and we have not seen the issue with it rebooting happen since we did that.

Is anyone else seeing this issue on Board Version B? Just curious for our own research

jcm@sbsteknikk.no

Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:30 am

I'm experiencing some voltage issues with the WS-12-DC (not 250W).

If the switch is booted cold, the 48V is reported at 0.0 and it will not turn on the PoE-ports.
However, it still boots the 24V ports.

But if I reboot it (hot) it starts working again.

I've tried both 46.7V and 49.5V, same issue. I've got 37 of these deployed now, and I get the voltage issue quite random at cold boots.

jpmoller

Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:42 pm

Cole.Linsley wrote:We have been ahving the same issue with this Memory Leak all switches are on either 1.5.11 and 1.5.14 but we were wondering whats in common between our switches that are rebooting and it seems like its Board Version B. I have seen switches on other Board Versions we have that are not rebooting even if Memory Usage is at 100%. We have been temporarily disabling and reenabling SNMP on the switches which clears the memory after re-enabling SNMP.

On Board Version B we have two switches that we completely disabled SNMP and Discovery on and we have not seen the issue with it rebooting happen since we did that.

Is anyone else seeing this issue on Board Version B? Just curious for our own research

I've seen the issue on board revisions B, F and D. But I think it depends on the switch? I think each model has a different number of revisions?

mayheart
Experienced Member

Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:42 am

I've encountered another bug with 1.5.14 that used to didn't happen.

Setup:

Tower A: AF60, AF5X HD Plugs into port 1&3
Tower B: AF60, AF5X HD Plugs into port 1&3

Same VLANs configured on both ports, Tower A, AF60 was in port shutdown mode. Tower B, both ports enabled.

I switched the traffic on Tower A from the 5xHD to the AF60 by shutting one port down and enabling the other, all traffic stops passing. Re-enabling the 5x works but the only way to get traffic going over the AF60 is to reboot Tower A's switch.

I have 3 sites acting like this so its very easy to reproduce.

jpmoller

Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:34 pm

I’ve had a similar thing happen to me last week. We have a lab switch on 1.5.14 that we use for configuring gear.

When I configure two radios that will Be connected, I’d toggle enabling one port and disable the other to avoid a loop (even though STP is enabled). During that period of swapping, I lose all connectivity to hosts and the switch. Even unplugging everything apart from switch uplink doesn’t bring it back. Switch has to be rebooted

But in saying that, I’m pretty sure I have seen this behaviour before. On 1.5.12 and potentially before

mayheart
Experienced Member

Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:57 pm

jpmoller wrote:I’ve had a similar thing happen to me last week. We have a lab switch on 1.5.14 that we use for configuring gear.

When I configure two radios that will Be connected, I’d toggle enabling one port and disable the other to avoid a loop (even though STP is enabled). During that period of swapping, I lose all connectivity to hosts and the switch. Even unplugging everything apart from switch uplink doesn’t bring it back. Switch has to be rebooted

But in saying that, I’m pretty sure I have seen this behaviour before. On 1.5.12 and potentially before

This link was running 1.4.7 before I upgraded it to .14

jdiggity

Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:35 pm

I have a problem with DHCP snooping. While it does work as normal when I first enable it on a port. If I disable it it still continues to block DHCP traffic until I reboot the switch. It will also not block if you enable it from one port and disable the other. It sticks with the original configuration until its rebooted. The checkmarks are updated properly on the page but doesn't work until reboot.

WS-8-150-DC

KBrownConsulting

Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:50 pm

I haven't tested it, but what if you bounce the port from the port options menu?

jdiggity wrote:I have a problem with DHCP snooping. While it does work as normal when I first enable it on a port. If I disable it it still continues to block DHCP traffic until I reboot the switch. It will also not block if you enable it from one port and disable the other. It sticks with the original configuration until its rebooted. The checkmarks are updated properly on the page but doesn't work until reboot.

WS-8-150-DC

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues