Switch needs reboot after moving uplink

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Wifimax

Switch needs reboot after moving uplink

Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:22 pm

I have ~100 Netonix in the field running 1.5.8.

The only problem I am seeing is if I need to flip the uplink to a new port, the switch will not pass traffic on the new port unless rebooted. Even if I purge the MAC table.

For example: New tower has fiber plowed to it. I want to remove the RJ45 from a AF5XHD and uplink it to the SFP port. If I disabled the 5XHD port, and enable the SFP port traffic will not pass unless the switch is rebooted. It's almost like it keeps a stale ARP table and never updates it. When I look in the MAC table, the correct MAC/IPs are populated on the new port though as they should.

Another example: I have an isolated tower in a valley with no router. I have two backhauls there with the second backhaul being disabled at the port switch. If I ever want to flip between the two wireless backhauls by enabling/disabling a port it will not take effect until I reboot the switch after making the change.

I have seen this on switches at least as old as 1.5.4.

Anyone else seen this? Any idea how to fix it? I can pretty much reproduce this on demand so if you need any additional info let me know.

Thanks!

various netonix models
STP disabled
loop protection disabled

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Switch needs reboot after moving uplink

Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:13 pm

Well I strongly suggest v1.5.12 for new browser support and other fixes.

Possibly a bad SFP module but not sure of your complete setup.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=293&start=190#p36438
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues