sirhc
Employee
Employee

v1.5.12 Bug Reports and Comments

Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:53 pm

FIXED/CHANGED
- Updated support for TLS v1.2 for new browsers releases
- Updated support for TLS v1.2 for email alerts
- Fixed the Dropbear vulnerability in Tenable.io (Nessus)
- Fixed SSH KEYs
- POE options per port fixed for models WS-12-DC / WS-12-250-AC - NCS / WS-12-400-AC - NCS

ENHANCEMENTS

KNOWN ISSUES
- SSH login with RADIUS is broken, works fine with local credentials.
- WEB UI issues when not at 100% Zoom on browser especially on VLAN TAB
- Some language templates need help

Released 3/4/2022
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sakita
Experienced Member

Re: v1.5.12 Bug Reports and Comments

Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:18 pm

SSH login with RADIUS is broken. Tested on several WS-12-250-AC:

1.5.8 SSH login works with local or RADIUS.

1.5.11 SSH login works with local credentials but fails with RADIUS. Event log shows "dropbear Login attempt for nonexistent user"

1.5.12 SSH login works with local credentials but fails with RADIUS. Event log shows "dropbear Login attempt for nonexistent user"

In all cases web interface login works with RADIUS.
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:18 pm

sakita wrote:SSH login with RADIUS is broken.

Thank you, will put it on the list to be fixed in next version.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

IntL-Daniel
Experienced Member

Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:00 am

Maybe I have found very old ongoing issue with SFP ports?
see here

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:28 am

IntL-Daniel wrote:Maybe I have found very old ongoing issue with SFP ports?
see here

sirhc wrote:Not all SFP modules work with all SFP ports and you will find 1 module that does not work and another of same model that does.

I have experienced this across many manufacturers including Cisco routers.

Read the steps I take to test each SFP nodule before deployment in these posts.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=293&start=190#p36438

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=293#p1239

This is not a bug related to v1.5.12 as this issue has been discussed since the beginning back in 2014 / 2015

Hightech

Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:41 am

After upgrading WS24-400A from version 1.5.2 to 1.5.12 something has happend to power reporting

The switch is working fine poe is also workung all poe ap's is online

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w96e8l2squ43d ... A.png?dl=0

Br.
Carsten

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:07 pm

Hightech wrote:After upgrading WS24-400A from version 1.5.2 to 1.5.12 something has happened to power reporting

The switch is working fine poe is also working all poe ap's is online

Not sure what to tell you, as you can see in my pictures below I have many WS-24-400A and WS-24-400B still in service of all Board Revs. Below are Revs B,D,E all running v1.5.12 just fine.

Usually when the voltages are reporting bad it is because one or more ports took current sensor damage from ground current that most likely also damaged the A2D which effects all readings.

But the WS-24-400A has been tested and has no issue with v1.5.12.

Click HERE for an OLD post on how to test your unit. If you search around I even have a post somewhere with a more detailed testing you can do with a volt ohm meter.

i can not tell for sure how old this unit is as for some reason some people think showing the MAC address is a security threat which simply is not true as you can only talk to a unit via the hardware layer 1 if you are in the same subnet / flat network segment, but anyway we stopped making the WS-24-400A many years ago as it was our first model we built.

My Rev D MAC EC:13:B3:01:0B:60 has a MFG date of 01/12/2015 which is 6 year 2 months ago which is a pretty good run for WISP equipment. The only radios I have in service that old are 2 small rural towers still running M5, and OLD SAF 18 GHz link (SAF made great equipment that could take direct strikes but they cost a lot), some AF24 units, and my WISP switches but even some were repaired from ground current damage over the years. We have improved the models over the years most recently about 4 years ago to better handle ground current since the original WS-24-400 units. We did have plans for an even better design but due to semiconductor shortages we can barely get parts to build anything. Since October we have only been able to build about 4,200 units which we used to build 3,000 to 4,000 units per month before the shortages.

My guess is if you downgraded this unit you would see the same result you just did not notice it. I am also guess several ports if not all on the Status TAB are reporting incorrect watts used per port? Or who knows it is possible a power cycle could fix it I have seen units get confused on the I2C bus or what ever and a power cycle fixes it.

Instead of linking pictures to external sources which may not be there a year from now simply upload your pictures to the forums like I did below. If you read the footer in my posts I explain it but there is a link right above the blue submit button which says "Upload attachment" then you can even place the picture thumbnail where you want it in the post

CLICK IMAGES BELOW TO VIEW FULL SIZE
ws-24 B.png

WS-24 D.png

ws-24 E.png

jpmoller

Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:36 pm

QinQ and Double tagging on vlans seem to be missing on 1.5.12. Just checked all three of my switches on 1.5.11 and they are working there.

I can only only select T, U and E on 1.5.12

:(

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:35 am

jpmoller wrote:QinQ and Double tagging on vlans seem to be missing on 1.5.12. Just checked all three of my switches on 1.5.11 and they are working there.

I can only only select T, U and E on 1.5.12
(

I did verify your report, you are correct. I can get this fixed in the next release.

Hightech

Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:26 pm

sirhc wrote:
Hightech wrote:After upgrading WS24-400A from version 1.5.2 to 1.5.12 something has happened to power reporting

The switch is working fine poe is also working all poe ap's is online

Not sure what to tell you, as you can see in my pictures below I have many WS-24-400A and WS-24-400B still in service of all Board Revs. Below are Revs B,D,E all running v1.5.12 just fine.

Usually when the voltages are reporting bad it is because one or more ports took current sensor damage from ground current that most likely also damaged the A2D which effects all readings.

But the WS-24-400A has been tested and has no issue with v1.5.12.

Click HERE for an OLD post on how to test your unit. If you search around I even have a post somewhere with a more detailed testing you can do with a volt ohm meter.

i can not tell for sure how old this unit is as for some reason some people think showing the MAC address is a security threat which simply is not true as you can only talk to a unit via the hardware layer 1 if you are in the same subnet / flat network segment, but anyway we stopped making the WS-24-400A many years ago as it was our first model we built.

My Rev D MAC EC:13:B3:01:0B:60 has a MFG date of 01/12/2015 which is 6 year 2 months ago which is a pretty good run for WISP equipment. The only radios I have in service that old are 2 small rural towers still running M5, and OLD SAF 18 GHz link (SAF made great equipment that could take direct strikes but they cost a lot), some AF24 units, and my WISP switches but even some were repaired from ground current damage over the years. We have improved the models over the years most recently about 4 years ago to better handle ground current since the original WS-24-400 units. We did have plans for an even better design but due to semiconductor shortages we can barely get parts to build anything. Since October we have only been able to build about 4,200 units which we used to build 3,000 to 4,000 units per month before the shortages.

My guess is if you downgraded this unit you would see the same result you just did not notice it. I am also guess several ports if not all on the Status TAB are reporting incorrect watts used per port? Or who knows it is possible a power cycle could fix it I have seen units get confused on the I2C bus or what ever and a power cycle fixes it.

Instead of linking pictures to external sources which may not be there a year from now simply upload your pictures to the forums like I did below. If you read the footer in my posts I explain it but there is a link right above the blue submit button which says "Upload attachment" then you can even place the picture thumbnail where you want it in the post

CLICK IMAGES BELOW TO VIEW FULL SIZE
ws-24 B.png

WS-24 D.png

ws-24 E.png

Cant tell whats happend if it was all a quensedent or not, but you are right it is old, i use it at my house and is only powering one AF24, i will just swap it out to a new switch, when changing my AF24 to AF60XR in near future..
Br.
Carsten

Next
Return to Hardware and software issues