AF60 LR MU lock ups

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
ptera

AF60 LR MU lock ups

Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:05 pm

:headb: We have one network where there are 6 netonix and one juniper switch. This is the only section of our network that experiences this issue. All the UBNT AirFiber 60 LR MU lockup until power cycled. This would occur practically every day. We have quite a few AF60 LR P2P in others sections of our network that do not experience this issue at all.
3 of the 6 netonix are on the SU side of the AF60 P2Ps. Three days ago, while trying to figure out what is going on we disabled all discovery protocols of the three switches in front of the AF60 LR P2P MUs. And everything seemed fine till today when all three of the AF60 LR MUs went offline at the same time. Nothing signifcant shows up in the logs of the switches nor the MUs. We are upgrading all the netonix switches and will turn off the discovery of the last three switches in hopes this fix this issue. We also submitted a support ticket to Ubiquiti which has been escalated to thier Tier 2 Team.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: AF60 LR MU lock ups

Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:03 pm

I have 6 AF60LR links all powered by Netonix no issues

I LOVE the AF60LR for links 2 miles or less., even have a private AF60LR to my house
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

ptera

Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:07 pm

Still having the same problem

giannici

Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:42 am

We too experience occasional AF60-LR and GigaBeam lock-ups. We too have many Netonix, but cannot say that the two are related.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:02 am

I don't know what to tell you as I have many AF60LR in service all over my network with no issues.

This link happens to be the one to my house I can post more if you like.

Just realized another AF60LR is on port 10 as well in this picture below. We LOVE to use AF60LR for private high end PTP links for commercial customers and get $350 per month with $500 install for links 2 miles or less from tower and provide 350+ Mbps up and down.

Now keep in mind I have a routed network with VLANs to logical ports at each tower which you can see under Sirhc's Corner and a Post called This works well for me.

The only thing I can think of is if your running a large flat network and the AF60LR have issues with excessive broadcasts or something but that is not a Netonix issue.

I have several AF60LR up for about a year or more.

cts1.png

CTS2.png

cts3.png
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mayheart
Experienced Member

Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:51 pm

I've not seen any issues with AF60s and Netonix. We deploy quite a bit here for towers and clients who want a lot of bandwidth.

All masters are powered up via 48v on the Netonix, some slave sides are powered up with a mixture of PoE injectors and Netonix.

Running 2.6.0 on everything.

One tower to tower unit does about 500mbps at night.

Kent

Tue May 24, 2022 7:44 am

Did you get a solution, we are having similar issues running multiple different switches and link in differnt locations.

giannici

Tue May 24, 2022 9:17 am

Kent wrote:Did you get a solution, we are having similar issues running multiple different switches and link in differnt locations.

NO! :cry:

Return to Hardware and software issues