Netonix Manager Column Overlap

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
andreas

Netonix Manager Column Overlap

Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:59 am

Is there a way to fix the overlap in the columns that I'm missing? It's rather annoying to not be able to read the address and name fields.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Netonix Manager Column Overlap

Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:17 pm

The only way that could happen is you are zoomed in too big or you have a very low res monitor. OR you are using your phone which this software is not designed to run on a phone screen size.

Hold down the control key and use mouse scroll down to zoom out to 100%.

If you are already at 100% then that would indicate that your monitor resolution is below 1024 x 768 i think.

My monitor is 1920 x 1080 and I can zoom up to 175% before columns start to overlap.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

andreas

Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:42 pm

My Monitor is 4K and zoom level does not make a difference. The Address and Name columns overlap and are unreadable. It happens in Chrome, Edge and Firefox. It looks like if I zoom out to 30% then the fields are no longer overlapping, unfortunately the text is so tiny at that point that it's unreadable. Zooming in to 175% is when the overlapping starts to get worse and intrudes more. I've attached an example at 100%.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-02-23 095607.jpg

Dave
Employee
Employee

Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:30 pm

hmm, that was suppose to have been fixed...are you using the latest version of the Netonix Manager?

andreas

Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:08 pm

Yes, v1.0.20 on Debian Buster.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:16 pm

Not sure why you have an issue, I do not, see pivs below

In the 1 pic I made the switch name as long as the switch will accept at least with more reecent firmware as in some older firmware you could have a really nog switch name which we limited.

1st pic at 100% second pic at 175%

manager.png

manager2.png
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

andreas

Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:33 am

You're comparing apples to oranges. I'm following best practices and using the DNS Name in the address field. You're using IP addresses, what happens if you change yours to a DNS Name? I'm willing to bet you'd get the same overlap I'm seeing.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:13 am

andreas wrote:You're comparing apples to oranges. I'm following best practices and using the DNS Name in the address field. You're using IP addresses, what happens if you change yours to a DNS Name? I'm willing to bet you'd get the same overlap I'm seeing.

You are correct.
I do have all my equipment in DNS so my rechs can get to it without the need to look it up

example HC2BV.netlinx.net which resolves to the AF24 on Hillcrest side of the link between Hillcrest to Bareville but I put the IP in the manager.

Also if I need to restore all my equipment within my network not on valid IPs I can simply tell the manager or aircontrol to search 172.17.X.X and it finds them. And then those that are on valid IPs I search my routable ranges and find them.

But I do use DNS so techs can find devices based on a name

When you say best practice that is the Ford Chevy debate. I will put it on the list to address your practice but it may be awhile as we are working on a priority list to change code to work with what parts are available from semiconductor shortages as we have not been able to build switches in months from lack ot parts. I called Ukraine invasion months ago and I think Twain is next and if that happens we are all in very deep trouble as they produce 60-65% os all semiconductors

andreas

Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:32 pm

In netonix-manager/public/css/style.css

line 20
change 1200px to 2000px

line 68
change 1200px to 2000px

Now there's no overlap. Took me 30 seconds to fix your bug.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:32 pm

sigh...thanks for info....

Next
Return to Hardware and software issues