Parts to repair our broken switch(es)

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
mlow

Parts to repair our broken switch(es)

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:53 pm

We have a couple of WS-26-400-ACs, 4-5 ports fried on each, due to grounding failure (it was during a heavy rainfall event, and the site's grounding system hadn't been serviced in years).

I'm aware that warranty is not going to cover the damage (the warranty is up anyway). I've noted that on the https://rma.netonix.com page, it says the following:
We will continue to repair user damaged units that are within the warranty period for a fee, but once the switch is older than the limited warranty period of 1 year we will no longer repair user damaged switches.

Ok, so I can't get my faulty switch repaired by Netonix. Bummer. (I'm curious what the reason for choosing not to repair switches is, even if the user is paying?)

I am educated on the process of surface-mount (de)soldering, so I want to try my hand at replacing the failed ports' Ethernet transformers myself, as it seems that's the likely failure point.

I've tried looking up the specific part (M-Tek G50229SNGX), but the only result that comes back is M-Tek's own spec page. An attempt was made to purchase the part directly from M-Tek, but our wire transfer ended up being returned to us with a significant bank processing fee taken off the top...

Can Netonix help us find a supplier or sell us the part directly?

scracha

Re: Parts to repair our broken switch(es)

Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:26 pm

I personally think this decision is poor and quite frankly, after shelling out on close to 200 Netonix DC switches over the past few years, I'm considering not buying any more (not that I've been able to find any for over 6 months). Cambium's equivalent isn't much more expensive and comes with a 3 year warranty. At the very least, Netonix could at least work with and/or recommend various repairers for their products.
Last edited by scracha on Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thomas

Re: Parts to repair our broken switch(es)

Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:56 pm

drop me a line, I repair these switches (and others) out of warranty.

repairs at isptechnology.ca

Return to Hardware and software issues