New WS3 Similar Issues

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Garnet

Re: New WS3 Similar Issues

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:32 pm

Would you be able to elaborate on the corrupt config issue? Your response reads as if this is only a problem with the initial configuration file when switches come from the factory. This is obviously not true as configuration corruption seems to happen at random to the entirety of the WS product line as well as WS3's. Did you mean Netonix is investigating why the configuration becomes corrupted in the first place?

Case in point I'm in the process of configuring a spare WS3 by hand so that we can switch to it before doing the same on our primary WS3. The switch was just defaulted and had firmware "upgraded" (2.0.7 -> 2.0.7) and when I pressed Save/Apply on my first set of changes I got the same "Error saving configuration!" message.

CBaxter1230

Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:51 pm

I purchased a WS3 about a month ago. So far i cant change a VLAN ID now add any new ones, cant change the managment VLAN or anything. Everytime i make a change i get "error saving configuration!". Ive tried updating the firmware, going back to the firmware it shipped with, so far no luck with anything. We are getting ready to launch a new tower and so far i have a paper weight

mayheart
Experienced Member

Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:19 pm

I suspect this problem is due to a security bug another user reported. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7222#p36531 I've had the same problem but this is how I got around it.

- upgrade switch to 2.0.7
- factory default it
- close browser
- make sure you access it via https://unit.ip.address and login.

If you reboot the unit or it loses power and you still have the page open, you can still access the UI but doing any changes will result in that "error saving configuration" problem. remove the /main.html in your url and log in again.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues