Switch unresponsive after 1.5.8 firmware upgrade

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
thewisp

Switch unresponsive after 1.5.8 firmware upgrade

Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:41 pm

Hello,
We've got several dozen Netonix switches (both AC and DC) deployed across our network. Today, I attempted to upgrade a WS-12-250-DC from 1.4.2 to 1.5.8.

It uploaded the file: progress bar moved from 0% to 100%. Then the bar depleted to 0% and said please wait while it's upgraded, please don't disrupt power while it's in progress. It's been stuck there for over 30minutes. The Netonix now does not load it's web dashboard but is responding to ICMP and properly powering it's dependent devices.

Been upgrading and managing Netonix devices for many years now and haven't run into this before. This particular switch has been in service for several years. It is supported by both utility power and battery backups. Power has not been disrupted, and I'm afraid to do so in fear of bricking the unit.

Can anyone advise on what to try next? Note: I am unable to physically be on site.

Thank you in advance.

Garnet

Re: Switch unresponsive after 1.5.8 firmware upgrade

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:22 am

You may end up having to do a firmware recovery, assuming the issue is not hardware related.

thewisp

Re: Switch unresponsive after 1.5.8 firmware upgrade

Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:24 pm

I was able to spend some more time on this today.

The device remained inaccessible on HTTPS but continued to deliver POE without problem.

I found I was able to access it via SSH. Once in, exited into Linux with "cmd" and then restarted the HTTP service with "/etc/init.d/lighttpd restart" and then had to kill the SMTP with "killall ssmtp" in order to get any further.

Now, I'm into the Netonix but it is stuck with a red banner across the top "A firmware update is in progress" (Screenshot)

The UI prevents configuration changes "while an update is in progress." (Screenshot)

Anyone have any thoughts before I reboot it via SSH Linux Command?

Thanks in advance.

Return to Hardware and software issues