ether protocols not being passed

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
mayheart
Experienced Member

ether protocols not being passed

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Not sure if this is a platform chipset limitation or a bug.

I've ran a MEF 2.0 test on some wireless backhaul equipment with a Netonix in between, it fails on many protocols. I have STP turned off in the switch. Plugged directly into the injectors everything passes on Ubiquiti's LTU lineup but LLDP.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Re: ether protocols not being passed

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:28 pm

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the MEF 2.0 test, so I can't speak to the result's. I've unfortunately had another project I have to work on before I do anything else but I will make a note of it to take a closer look later on.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 pm

LTU is a transparent bridge. Switch aren't transparent but interact with bridge to control it. I don't think the vitesse chip support every MEF CE feature but seems to support some.

What do you expect, that the packet pass through the switch like in a EVC tunnel ? Normally, MEF switch allow to tunnel or peer L2 protocols. Tunnel is for customer transparent bridge service while peer is when you want the swtich to interact with the protocol. L2 protocol tunneling, except VLANs (QinQ), is currently not support while in peer mode, xSTP, LLDP are support and OAM (ERPS) is partly supported.

mayheart
Experienced Member

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:17 pm

Thanks mike99,

That clears up a few things. I'll have to stick to having a MEF capable router at both ends and just send it over l2vpn.

Return to Hardware and software issues