WS-12-250-AC Port Weirdness

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
gripper

WS-12-250-AC Port Weirdness

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:49 pm

I've got a couple of these stacked in small cabinet that have been wailing along happily for several years. In the last few days one has started developing port problems. The port with the principal backhaul radio for the site just went to "disabled" state spontaneously, and will not respond to a manual "enable". Other ports will not apply PoE power despite being configured properly and may or may not display amperage being delivered at the port. The sister switch appears to be fine, and fortunately I had space to move a couple radios there.

I'm embarassed to admit they're both still running 1.5.5--could this be a firmware issue that might be solved with an update? I just ordered a replacement next day from Baltic, so if I might lose the unit in an attempt, I'll hold off until it's replaced. In the meantime I'll be responsible and catch up on the firmware documenation, etc. here in the forums.

gripper

Re: WS-12-250-AC Port Weirdness

Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:17 pm

Looking at sirC's post about the earlier 24V power supplies here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3934

I've gotta wonder whether we were hitting the max on that--have a Mtik CCR powered via PoE on one of the ports on the problem switch. Next question is whether there is reasonably repaired damage or do I have a brick?

/

gripper

Re: WS-12-250-AC Port Weirdness

Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:32 pm

Forget the CCR, it's 48V, of course. Nope, should't have been anywhere near the 108w older 24Vpower supply limit. So.........?

Return to Hardware and software issues