v1.3.0rcX BETA bug reports and comments - CLOSED

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

v1.3.0rcX BETA bug reports and comments - CLOSED

Mon May 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Please post comments and report bugs for v1.3.0rcX in this thread

THIS IS BETA FIRMWARE SO IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO LIVE ON THE EDGE USE v1.2.2 FINAL.

PLEASE COMMENT ON THE FIRMWARE GOOD OR BAD FOR OTHER USERS

v1.3.0rcX BETA wrote:FIXES v1.3.0rc9
-Fixed an issue where v1.3.0rcX would falsely disable POE on a port during reboot.
-Fixed an issue where MIRRORING to an IP address would lock up the switch.\

CHANGES v1.3.0rc8
- Removed DHCP server
- Changes for WS-12-250-AC
- Updated busybox for DHCP fixes

FIXES v1.3.0rc7
- Local authentication is now done before RADIUS authentication

FIXES v1.3.0rc6
- Memory Leak
- Fixed TFTP command in CLI
- Fixed CLI crash when using some commands before switch has fully booted
- Fixed problem with SNMP reporting firmware version

ENHANCEMENTS - v1.3.0rc7
- Added option to exclude syslog messages from NMS
- Added support for 802.1ad aka QinQ aka Provider Bridging
- Added IGMP Snooping
- Added Iperf client and server
- Added DHCP server - WE MAY REMOVE THIS - THOUGHTS PEOPLE?

ENHANCEMENTS - v1.3.0rc6
- Added "Allowed VLANs" to Trunk ports

ENHANCEMENTS - v1.3.0rc5
- Added mirroring to an IP address (TZSP)
- Added "Last IP" to MAC table (ARP learning)

ENHANCEMENTS - v1.3.0rc4
- Added POE Smart (You need to enable this for each port on the Port Tab)
- Added option to require login on console port
- Added RADIUS authentication

KNOWN ISSUES
- Ubiquiti Discovery Protocol is still a little flaky
- Mirror to IP MAC filter is broken

Last IP to mac Outline
This is a cool feature, do not know of any Layer 2 switches that do this?

Mirror to IP Outline
You need to use a program like WireShark then you can mirror a remote switch port or ports to your computer for diagnostics however there is a limit to the amount of PPS this can handle as it is Switch CPU dependent and the 416MHz MIPS 24K is not a power house.

POE Smart Outline
If you enable POE smart on a port the switch will check that port for cross shorts before applying power when you select a POE voltage in the UI/CLI and hit [Save/Apply] or from a cold boot on all ports that have POE Smart enabled.

If you turn POE on a POE Smart port with no cable it will still apply power and you could then conceivably plug in a cable that is shorted so DO NOT DO THIS - PLEASE!

Please only turn POE on a port after the cable is inserted and the device is on the other end and you either have POE Smart ENABLED on that port or you do a cable diagnostic and check for CROSS SHORTS or you will fry ports.

Due to some limitations with the core function it will not protect you from all possible short combinations that you could do by hand twisting specific wires together but it will protect you from punching down or crimping the wrong order in your RJ45 End or Patch Panel which is the most common reason for a dead shorted port.

I have opened a ticket with Vitesse to see if I can get them to change the way the core function works so that it may protect you better from an "oh-crap" mistake that we all make from time to time.

POE Smart will also disable POE on a port if the cable is unplugged when a POE device running on that port because we do NOT want people plugging and unplugging LIVE POE cables. I keep hearing how people did this all the time with ToughSwithes with no problem and all I have to say is there is a huge difference between the amount of watts our switch will deliver (48VH up to 1.5A constant draw under 55C conditions) verses what the ToughSwitch delivered.

We use Poly Fuses to protect against dead shorts and for us to achieve .75A on 2 pair or 1.5A on 4 pair at 55C you have to size your Poly Fuses up to handle that load at 55C so dead shorting a cold Poly Fuse will send an inrush of FAR MORE THAN 1.5A at the Ethernet Transformer that is not meant to handle that amount of current.

However whenever I dead shorted a ToughSwitch in the past by mistake I lost the entire switch, with our switches you lose that ONE port nothing else. We will repair ports you fry for $50 per port.

Radius Authentication Outline
Will use static credentials defined in switch UI or Radius server if configured properly.

Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Come on guys look at these new cool toys

Wed May 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Come on guys there are sooooo many COOL features in this new v1.3.0 version:

Radius Authentication, I mean come on, how long have you been asking UBNT to do this?

Under the MAC table we now report the IP address! - How many switches have you seen do this? And we also tell you the manufacturer...COME ON GUYS THIS IS SWEET!

How about MIRROR to an IP address!? - Now you can use wireshark and examine packets on a port on a switch 100 miles away to figure stuff out!?

We put in your option to require console login.

POE Smart is a work in progress but Vitesse is considering making some core changes for us to make it what everyone wanted it to be so soon we hope!

Eric is working HARD on this version, give it a whirl on a non critical or a spare switch and PLAY then give us some feedback!
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: v1.3.0rc6 BETA bug reports and comments

Fri May 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Has no one even taken a peek at this version?

yoder

Tue May 19, 2015 9:05 am

Just installed it on one of the MINIs we received last Friday. I see the "last ip" in the mac table and the option for radius login. I'm going to start plugging some radios in and testing the SMART POE feature.

Keith

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue May 19, 2015 9:15 am

yoder wrote:Just installed it on one of the MINIs we received last Friday. I see the "last ip" in the mac table and the option for radius login. I'm going to start plugging some radios in and testing the SMART POE feature.

Keith

POE Smart does not decide what voltage it requires it just checks for shorts but will not find all type of shorts, it is a work in progress.

Please read explanation in post #1 of this thread above.

adairw
Associate
Associate

Fri May 22, 2015 12:08 am

I've been running RC3 on my WS8 at home for the last three weeks. Loading RC6 right now. Will remote any issues.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Mon May 25, 2015 3:22 pm

Not a bug but it's still unpleasant. I think that authentification should goes through local authentification before radius or else, if not able to reach the radius server, local authentification take some time (waiting for radius connection timeout).

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon May 25, 2015 5:03 pm

I asked Eric to change the order so it checks local credentials first then radius

mike99
Associate
Associate

Thu May 28, 2015 1:14 pm

Didn't have time to test a lot but I have this firmware on the lab and if a browser windows connected to the switch is too long leave alone, I always see a message that the device configuration as change and to reload the page. Device config was reset via CLI with this firmware so it's probably not a problem comming from the upgrade.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu May 28, 2015 6:17 pm

mike99 wrote:Didn't have time to test a lot but I have this firmware on the lab and if a browser windows connected to the switch is too long leave alone, I always see a message that the device configuration as change and to reload the page. Device config was reset via CLI with this firmware so it's probably not a problem comming from the upgrade.

I will test this but do you have any idea how long?

Now I can tell you that if anyone logs into the CLI and enters config mode and then exits config mode the switch will re-write the config even if nothing was changed in the CLI while it was in config mode just the fact that they enter config mode then leave it cause the config to be written again which changes the config number and will cause this behavior.

Next
Return to Hardware and software issues