WS3-14-600-AC Bugs So Far

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
gnorton

WS3-14-600-AC Bugs So Far

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:12 pm

Fresh outa the box, I configured 3 vlans, changed the IP address and set an admin password. As soon as I save that config, the switch goes through it's applying cycle, but never changes over to the new IP address I just configured. I find it's still on the default 192.168.1.20 IP and when I try to login it gives me a bad user/pass because that's still at the default too, it didn't get changed. However, when I navigate to the configuration tab I see that my IP changes are still listed, but it's only talking on the default IP.

I defaulted the switch and repeated the steps only this time leaving out the vlan configuration and got the same results. Eventually I resorted to just trying to change the switch password and only the password, which seemed to be successful. Then it seemed to finally accept the IP change until I actually tried to access the ip across a tagged vlan. I am able to plug my laptop into any of the untagged ports on the management vlan, but if I try to access it across the management vlan with a router that is plugged into a tagged port that also has the management vlan tagged on it's port, I cannot access the switch. I also cannot arp ping it from the router's vlan, but I can from the physical interface which tells me it's not responding to the tagged traffic.

When connecting the sfp+ module to the router, initially it does not link up. I can see light coming across, but the port will not register. Once I login to the netonix, and change the port speed from 10g to 2.5g, it links up at 10g on the mikrotik. When I moved the sfp from port 14 to 13, I had to repeat the process to get the port to register. I repeated this test on a second fresh outa the box WS-14-600-AC and flipping it from 10g to 2.5g did not cause the port to register like the 1st switch, but when I switched it back to 10g it did register. The port stayed registered through a power cycle so I'm really not sure why I had to change the port speed on both ports to get the interface to link up with the router.

It also frequently tells me it has errored when saving the config. I redirect my browser to the switch ip and log back in and it looks like it has saved the changes I made, so I'm not sure what's actually erroring.

I'm using a mikrotik ccr-1009 for testing and I've tried both Finsar and FS.com 10g sfp modules.

Until we can get this management vlan bug fixed I can't put these into production. Do we have a beta firmware release available?

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Re: WS3-14-600-AC Bugs So Far

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Thank you for the details, the new firmware is not yet available but when it is I will post a link too it in response to this post.

t.beesley@centracom.com

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:10 am

I also am seeing issues with Management VLAN, I have tried multiple VLAN's, multiple ports, and multiple IP's. Setting the switch up the exact same way as all of my other Netonix switches does not seem to work. Has there been a Firmware released to fix these issues?

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:02 pm

We are in progress on a release that will fix several problems that have been found since the initial beta release.

gnorton

Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:00 am

It's been a few weeks now and I'd really like to use these switches for more than paper weights, how's that firmware coming??

mike99
Associate
Associate

Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:43 am

For now, you can untag the management vlan to be able to access those. The're also the console port for management if you can't currently access those via web.

Personally, I will wait for the OCP bug to be fixe before testing those in production.

gnorton

Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:20 pm

@Stephen, we're 2 months out from my initial post on these bugs. Any luck on a new firmware to test yet?

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:40 pm

gnorton, yes we have found solutions to a few issue's you pointed out here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=240&p=848#p848

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:18 pm

Also to fix the issue's with OCP and powering stronger radio's you will need a replacement board.
You can get one for free if you already purchased a rev B or C board by following this post.

Return to Hardware and software issues