Switches Not Passing Packets

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Richard.A

Re: Switches Not Passing Packets

Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:21 am

Hello,

We started early this year using the WS-12-250-AC for powering radar units (simple PoE solution) and have had zero issues with them.
However, when a customer of ours reported that they did not get any connection to the unit from a pc but the Netonix interface said it was connected we felt something was up.
We could ping the unit from the switch itself but not from a connected laptop. The connected radar unit looked like it should in the interface (watts use etc).

Upgrading to 1.5.6 resolved the issue and we are doing it on the remaining switches.

Thank you for posting this thread. Otherwise we would have been hairless by now. Image

Best Regards

reasra

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Wow, so we had the same problem with some Axis cameras. Changed port isolation a couple times on 1.5.5 and it would work until either the switch or the camera rebooted. Changed a couple of other settings that also had varying spotty results.

Upgraded to 1.5.6 and everything works!

jeremylu

Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:26 pm

Thought I was going crazy, didn't make sense why DHCP wouldn't work on my new setup, thought I really screwed things up. Static was fine. So, something DHCP was being blocked.

Turns out it's a known bug with 1.5.5 preloaded switches, upgrading to 1.5.6, expect to have same results as others and successfully having a switch that works as expected.

Taigar

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:08 am

I also had 1 switch with this issue..

Bought a new firewall, and tried setting vlans up. I spent 2 days trying, and then decided to upgrade the brand new switch from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6
The problems were solved and everything worked fine.

Our production switches are still on 1.5.5, so I saw no need in updating..

craig@Sapio

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:43 pm

WS-8-150-DC
We have had this issue experenced a few times with the same swtich.
Factory firmware 1.5.7, switch is powered from Victron solar controller with low volt cut out at 22VDC.
First time we had the packet issue was the day it was installed but somehow got the switch to pass packets.
after a low power event the switch has returned to the network however connected devices would nto pass packets.
after trying many setting changes and switch reboots, I upgraded to the latest 1.5.8

I am looking for documentation on the swtich configuration, if anyone has a link would be great.

picasso

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:11 pm

craig@Sapio has happened to me as well same setup. make sure you have the power cut off stuff disabled on the netonix. I have had it happen 2x now needing a 3 hour hike each time. switch will power devices but switch fabric is DOWN. power cycle corrects it.....

JBIT

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:44 am

I am still having issues after flashing

Got two WS-8-150-DC switches that came with 1.5.5 firmware and would not pass traffic. Upgraded to 1.5.6 on one and it worked great for a week or two. Installed the second one and 1.5.8 firmware was out by then so I flashed them with both of these.

Now after a low voltage cycle (We actually have another device that feeds it 24V from 7am-7pm ) it turned on the other POE devices but its not passing traffic itself. I can tell because I can access the ubiquiti nanobeam attached to the switch via my radio but not the ip of the netonix switch it is connected to.

When you said to disable the power cutoff stuff, what did you mean? I need to use the power cutoff and scheduling for my particular task so disabling it would handicap the switch.

Its a couple hours away so I have to trek up there to try and reboot the switch to see if that helps it pass traffic again.

kwfadmin

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:32 am

hi ya,spent 3 remote trips to site to replace a switch to find a issues on switch related to this issue..
As as enterprise switch and to find out later that this was an issue that should of been reported to all resellers is quiye shiity considering the time spent in trying o resolve this issue...

isaacu

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:00 pm

I had this problem with a WS-6 Mini factory loaded with 1.5.5
No DHCP
No layer 2
Oddly could get into management interface from every port.

Can confirm factory reset DID NOT fix.

Loading 1.5.8 without any intermediate steps fixed issue and config remained intact.

wtm
Experienced Member

Mon May 17, 2021 12:15 pm

We just purchased 6 WS-12-dc switches, and the first one that was put into service acted weird as it was being setup. You could ping the switch IP and get into it, but you could NOT ping or get into anything else that was connected to the switch.

Read this forum post, and we upgraded the firmware to the latest, and after that it was working as it should. We will be going through the rest of batch of switches, and upgrade them and make sure they work as needed.

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues