Switches Not Passing Packets

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
jadkins@skynetky.com

Re: VLAN's Not Passing Packets

Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:46 am

"potentially, defaulting the config on a new switch with 1.5.5 preloaded may solve the issue (no confirmation on this yet, please post here if this works or doesn't work for you)"

I can confirm this does not resolve the issue. I tried this three times before reflashing the firmware. Only reflashing the firmware fixed my problem. Others experience may vary.

bpnz

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:40 am

I provide a lot of info in this thread in regards to the issue I saw with VLANS. These were all switches that were upgraded to 1.5.5.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6031&p=31942#p31942

Basically the quick TL:DR is that it takes a long long long time to apply VLANs via the gui to the switch when you hit save usually. But mainly that I can't get traffic to pass over a VLAN until I assign an IP address to the port on the switch.

aistech

Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:07 am

I had already posted this in the general discussion, but will add it here as I believe it may be related. See below...

I have not yet tried to reload the firmware or any of the other solutions above, but it is certainly on my short term to-do list, I will let you know the results when complete.

**Original Post - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6280

WS-24-400A
v1.5.5

The switch appears to function properly and do its thing for the most part without issue, however, it will randomly stop passing traffic on a particular VLAN. If I reboot the switch, all traffic restores. This has happened 4-5 times over the past 60 days.

Any thoughts?

sirbryan

Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:51 pm

Got a pair of WS-6-MINI's with 1.5.5 preloaded. Confirmed that an "upgrade" to 1.5.5 fixes the problem with passing traffic.

(Even everything that was untagged on all ports wouldn't work.)

jdejansb

Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:55 pm

Got two new WS-12-250-AC (came with 1.5.5) not passing traffic at all (no VLANs defined)...
"Updated" one of those to the 1.5.5 I had on my PC from March (F) and it's working now. (Thanks for the Forum post!!!) :-)

Cheers,
Dejan J.1

mpeebles

Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:28 pm

We got 5 of the WS-12-250-DC switches that came with 1.5.5 out of the box. First two did exactly the same as described, no traffic passed on any ports, could only talk to the switch. The switch ping tool could reach all the other devices, but my laptop connected to the switch could not. Checked the forums to see that 1.5.6 was now released along with a link to to this post describing the problems we were seeing.

Upgrade to 1.5.6 fixed the issue. Will also try to overwrite 1.5.5 to the unopened ones to see if that also fixes.

We also got 2 of the WS-8-150-DC switches with 1.5.5 preloaded and neither one had this problem.

Hope this helps.

rdsoutar

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:34 pm

I have a switch on 1.5.5 and it is a disaster.
Costing me a lot of confidence with my customers and I'm not to impresses with Netonix.

What I see is the Mac Table has the wrong macs indentified to ports. So its a switch that doesn't know how to switch.

When I ping addresses some work some are just occassionally.
I just downloaded 1.5.6 and I'll try to update it.

I don't see where to get 1.5.3
So I can't try the back and forward sugestion.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:59 pm

signa

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:38 am

Firstly, please change the description of this topic, I and others totally missed this thread because of it.

It's not just VLAN traffic that doesn't pass go to collect $200, it's fundamentally all traffic between ports.

Talking to the switch is unaffected, however I pleaded with it to work but it didn't listen.

I currently have a mix (20x) of AC and DC switches on the bench, all with the same issue, waiting to be installed. I am reluctant to install these in a production environment until the fault has been fully explained and there is no risk of it reoccurring on firmware update in the future.

The simple 'fix' we found was downgrading to 1.5.4 and then upgrading back to 1.5.5.

Factory defaulting the switch does not fix the issue, nor does any other config change e.g. Setting vlans, stp, pause frame etc etc we have literally tried everything.

At the very least just let your distributors know there is an issue.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:15 am

There are no reports of anyone experiencing further issue after upgrading to any firmware version.

I've updated the name, if you have one in mind that would draw attention to this topic better for people who may have experienced this problem, feel free to comment your suggestion.

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues