Switches Not Passing Packets

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Stephen
Employee
Employee

Re: VLAN's Not Passing Packets

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:55 am

JustJoe,

An announcement in the 1.5.5 section of the "Download Firmware" post leading to this thread exists in red.
But I just added some specific details to the "known issues" section as well.

wirelesscon

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Because the latest version appears to be on the switch people wont be inclined to load (re-load the firmware on the switch) ... Still think Mail shot would help customers... anything to reduce the potential for outage

Thanks

wirelesscon

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:24 pm

I did a Diff on the switch Config with the issue before and after, re-loading 1.5.5 and the only difference I could see was the first line of the file.
I could not see a configuration file change that would indicate a syntax / parsing bug...
It looks more like a lower level firmware bug
Hope this helps

Tom Smyth

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:51 pm

Stephen wrote:JustJoe,

An announcement in the 1.5.5 section of the "Download Firmware" post leading to this thread exists in red.
But I just added some specific details to the "known issues" section as well.

That's good, but honestly, I was looking here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=240&start=90#p32801

Forum threads are a great interactive way of sharing breaking news. But shoehorning release notes into threads may not be the most effective and easy-to-follow way to publish them.

I get it, Netonix employees eat, drink and sleep WISP switches, and they produce a great product. Being so focused, it is easy for you to forget that compared to your customer's WISP businesses, we are not expecting to spend more than 3-5% of our total time following the Netonix forums everyday to learn important info. Nor do we want to have to binge read the past 2-4 months of forums every time we want to do a firmware upgrade or make a new block purchase to make sure we haven't missed something.

It's not like when the product was brand new. Now days we want to find summaries that net out what we need to know about WISP switches in one place. Not trying to be mean in any way, just making an honest observation. :)

Valus

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:55 pm

I have purchased 3 so far and have had alot of trouble from traffic not passing to another switch, not getting DHCP for the switch itself, not passing DHCP to whatever is plugged into the switch from an upstream switch. Changing the password and username ends up locking me out of the switch. 1 switch it took several Factory resets before it started behaving and then i was able to flash to the current 1.5.5 and that seem to fix the issue.

Turning RSTP off on all the ports doesn't actually turn them off even after reboot.

im currently upgrading another out of the 3 to 1.5.5. glad i came to forums and saw this i wa slike wtf is going on haha.

sakita
Experienced Member

Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:27 pm

We had a switch with two ports each an edge on a specific VLAN and tagged together out of port 13 .

Traffic from port 2 was not passing to the trunked interface.

Since it was running 1.5.5 and this is a politically sensitive system, the fix was to load another switch with 1.5.6rc2 and the same configuration and cut over to that switch.

On cutover port 1 was passing traffic tagged properly on port 13. Same as original switch. Port 2 was up but not even showing a mac address from the attached device (an access point which was set to request DHCP). To test this further, a laptop set to DHCP was connected to port 2 with the same result: port up, no mac address.

So, port 4 was added to the same VLAN as port 2 and then the laptop was plugged into that. Bingo! It worked as expected: port up, DHCP worked, and device mac showing in switch. Unplug laptop and plug in AP to port 4 and it also worked correctly: DHCP worked, and device mac showing in switch.

Later I may try also plugging a laptop into port 2 to see if the saving of the VLANs corrected it or if it is specific to port 2.
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

Dawizman
Experienced Member

Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:09 pm

We just got hit by this on a new switch. Re-upgrading to 1.5.5 fixed the issue.

Supernova

Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:49 pm

WS-12-250-DC Pre-Loaded with 1.5.5; S/N: 163508-1188.
Unable to ping devices on default VLAN, however MAC table shows the devices.
Power cycled and factory defaulted until I was blue in the face. No change.
Loaded 1.5.5 'straight over the top'
All Fixed.

wbjcm

Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:13 pm

EC:13:B2:E2:77:F8 06/26/2020 good
EC:13:B2:E2:79:38 06/26/2020 good
EC:13:B2:E2:7D:60 07/05/2020 BAD

lots more inbetwen

EC:13:B2:E2:81:A8 07/16/2020 Bad

ZmNvv4GuB9DUxA

Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:16 am

WS-12-250-AC board rev. F, came with 1.5.5, no traffic between two hosts on vlan 1, each host able to reach switch, switch able to reach both other hosts. Intermittent ubnt discovery populated. no ARP of either host on the other.

Everything working as expected so far following "upgrade" to freshly downloaded 1.5.5

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues