WS-6-MINI not allowing access to internet

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
bascom-joshg

WS-6-MINI not allowing access to internet

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:11 am

Hello,

We purchased 7 of the WS-6-MINI switches for use at some micro towers. So far, I have unboxed 2 of them and configured them with public static IPs. The switches are hooked to a fiber ONT, which is configured to allow the public subnet access back to our router. The switch ping utility is showing that the switch can contact the gateway as well as internet IPs. However, when I plug in another device, and configure it with a different IP in that same public subnet, I cannot get through to the internet.
I have a WS-12-250-DC on the bench as well, and when powered on with the same configuration scheme, it allows internet to pass through to connected devices just fine.

I have tried resetting both of the minis. I have verified that they are running 1.5.5.
If I access the switch publicly instead of locally, the UI does not completely load. I get the tabs and some of the graphics, but the Status tab is blank with no ports listed.

I was convinced that maybe I did something wrong, but now that it has happened with 2 brand new switches, I am wondering if there is something going on with static IP routing inside the switch? We use Netonix switches all over our network, but I think we only have 1 mini in the field right now.
Anyone have a suggestion?

Return to Hardware and software issues