Bad Capacitor ?

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Stephen
Employee
Employee

Re: Bad Capacitor ?

Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Keep in mind that for my response to that question that I'm not a bench tech so I'm not intimately familiar with their process.

However, I have had a few conversations with them on this topic and as I understand it when they get an RMA they follow a procedure of general troubleshooting to isolate the behavior down to what the problem is. Once they've identified it (which could be anything from lightning damage to the CAP problem) they will take picture's of it before they fix it for your record's.

You're welcome. Just doing what I can.

JayDee

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:13 pm

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but it seemed like a good place to post this.

I have two Minis that I think are affected by this.

I had a problem with the one rebooting itself at random, and after a lot of troubleshooting I concluded that it "must be broke", so I ordered a replacement from eBay, and soon found that it also suffers from the same problem.

I was out of ideas until I did some research and happened on these threads. It sounds exactly like what I'm encountering.

Would you mind telling us what position the bad cap is in on the board, and what value it should be replaced with?

Thanks.

Garnet

Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:22 pm

I would also appreciate knowing which cap(s) are the cause of this issue. I currently have two mini's on my desk that I need to verify this is not the issue with them before clearing them for production (they both exhibit the symptoms of the cap issue).

Additional Info:
- Both switch's are Board Revision F
- Both switch's have firmware version 1.5.8
- One switch reboots the moment it has three 1G links (during testing this was one link powering the switch and two links being powered by the switch)
- One switch reboots once it has four 1G links (the reboot is not always immediate)

Information on which capacitor is the incorrect/faulty part would be greatly appreciated.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues