Firmware v1.1.4 bug reports and comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Firmware v1.1.4 bug reports and comments

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:39 am

Please post comments and issues with v1.1.4 in this post thread.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mtngoat

Re: Firmware v1.1.4 bug reports and comments

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:47 pm

I upgraded to v1.1.3 earlier in the day and the GUI had structure, but no information. I upgraded to v1.1.4 and still have an incomplete GUI in Firefox, but Internet Explorer works fine. While in Firefox on the other tabs such as Ports, I can interact and change the values, but the Thoughput at the top just shows 0 (zeros).

I cleared the cookies and restarted Firefox, but this is what I get on the status tab.

FF.JPG
FF.JPG (53.31 KiB) Viewed 4894 times

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 pm

We can revisit the other browsers as we did in the past but our official supported browser is Chrome.

Trying to support all browsers is a secondary effort and we will do so when we get other critical issues done.

Please try it with Chrome.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:41 pm

sirhc wrote:We can revisit the other browsers as we did in the past but our official supported browser is Chrome.

Trying to support all browsers is a secondary effort and we will do so when we get other critical issues done.

Please try it with Chrome.

Do no pass go, do not collect $200.

I never saw this mentioned anywhere as a requirement.

I use Firefox.

I DO NOT use Chrome.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Our "official" browser support is for Chrome, it has been that way from the beginning, we try to keep testing with "some" other popular browsers as we go but even Ubiquiti officially supports Chrome I think as do a lot of manufacturers.

There were posts on here from way back in November/December about this.

Eric just tested 1.1.4 with Firefox 33.0.2 and 36.0.4., his comments were -"Looks fine, works fine."
But there are too many browsers to support them all nor can we.

We will 'try" to keep up with "these" browsers in addition to Chrome:
IE
Safari
FireFox
Mozilla

However if any browser other than Chrome update boinks the UI it may take a litte bit for Eric to get back to finding out why and make changes. I am sorry if that is a deal breaker but no embedded device guarantees support for "all" browsers and just about all manufactures pick an officially support browser and most pick Chrome as it is the most cross platform and widely used browser.

If you chose to use a browser not on the list above we may not support it, if your browser of choice is on the list great but also be prepared to use Chrome in a pinch. Most incompatibilities result from browser updates that change security requirements settings in your browser.

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:52 pm

sirhc wrote:
We will 'try" to keep up with "these" browsers in addition to Chrome:
IE
Safari
FireFox
Mozilla

Just to clarify, Firefox and SeaMonkey are both Mozilla browsers but with a different GUI. There is no browser called Mozilla but the Mozilla "Gecko" engine is shared by both, as well as Pale Moon, Waterfox and numerous other variants that are all just customized/optimized versions of Firefox and each of them share the same engine. If it works on one it should work on all, and vice versa. Unfortunately since v1.1.3 it's vice versa. :cry:

Dave
Employee
Employee

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 pm

Rebus

What version of firefox are you using??

I also use Firefox version 36.0.4 & it works fine for me.

Eric just tested 1.1.4 with Firefox 33.0.2 and 36.0.4., his comments were -"Looks fine, works fine."

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:38 am

Safari and Firefox both appear to be broken with the UI

I will ask Eric to look at them as soon as he can.

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:27 am

Dave wrote:Rebus

What version of firefox are you using??

I also use Firefox version 36.0.4 & it works fine for me.

We have tried Firefox v36.0.4 (32-bit), Pale Moon v25.3.1 (64-bit), SeaMonkey v2.33.1 (32-bit) all on 64-bit Win7, and Safari 6 on OS X, and Firefox v33.0 and v36.0.4 on Linux (Zorin). These browsers have been tried from multiple computers on our network. None work.

IE11 and Chrome v41 on Win7 and Win8 work with v1.1.4.

Anyone upgrading to v1.1.3 or v1.1.4 should not use a Mozilla-based or Safari browser to perform the operation. I think that should be added to the firmware notes. They work fine through v1.1.1. I do not know about v1.1.2.
Last edited by RebusCom on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:51 am

Yea Eric is working on a v 1.1.5 that will fix Safari, and FireFox which we will post later today.

Also if people upgrade from a really OLD version say v1.0.10 to v1.1.3 and v1.1.4 it messes up the password and you are required to use a console cable to set the password as you can not login with a blank password or of course default the the switch. This was fixed in v1.1.5

UPDATE: v1.1.5 was posted which fixes Firefox & Safari as well as the password issue

Return to Hardware and software issues