Firmware v1.1.3 bug reports and comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
RebusCom
Experienced Member

Re: Firmware v1.1.3 bug reports and comments

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:27 am

Did a firmware update from 1.1.0 to 1.1.3 on a 8 port mini and it appeared to go normally but after the automated reboot and login the GUI is now mostly blank and a pink banner drops down saying a firmware update is in progress. Traffic seems to be moving normally. A remote reboot via the GUI does nothing (no reboot). It appears I'll be traveling to the tower site today to power cycle the unit.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:55 am

I take it you tried clicking "REFRESH" on your browser?

Sometimes after an upgrade you need to refresh the cashed UI pages in your browser, normally when I see this I click refresh and the screen reload fine.

Also you can SSH in the switch.

Can you ping your switch?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:42 am

Mola9850 wrote:tried to switch on / off loop protection and have also tried to switch off / on RSTP and without succes .

STP/RSTP is broken on toughswitch. You must have at less one untagged VLAN on the port for STP to work on a thoughswitch. If you tag every VLAN between switchs, STP won't work.

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:25 am

sirhc wrote:I take it you tried clicking "REFRESH" on your browser?

Sometimes after an upgrade you need to refresh the cashed UI pages in your browser, normally when I see this I click refresh and the screen reload fine.

Also you can SSH in the switch.

Can you ping your switch?

Refresh or restart of the browser doesn't change anything. It does respond to http and I can log out and log back in, and can switch between tabs, but can't make changes or see any information displayed other than one of the two graphs (though empty). Traffic is moving through the switch.

I haven't tried to SSH into the switch. What are you thinking would be appropriate to do via that route -- try to reboot it?

BTW, this switch has never had 1.2.x loaded.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:27 am

Could you please try it from another computer/browser?

What computer/browser are you using?

I am full willing to admit when we have some issues as you all know but this one is NEW and I have never see or heard of it.

Could be a fluke.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:14 pm

sirhc wrote:Could you please try it from another computer/browser?

What computer/browser are you using?

I am full willing to admit when we have some issues as you all know but this one is NEW and I have never see or heard of it.

Could be a fluke.

Win7 64-bit Mozilla.
The switch does respond to SSH.

From a different location on the network, different computer, different browser, the GUI is still messed up and unresponsive to commands. Is there a way to restart just the GUI via SSH or do you recommend a reboot or power cycle first?

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:04 pm

RebusCom wrote:From a different location on the network, different computer, different browser, the GUI is still messed up and unresponsive to commands. Is there a way to restart just the GUI via SSH or do you recommend a reboot or power cycle first?

Performed a /etc/init.d/lighttpd restart

The GUI is still messed up.

One oddity is that this 8-port switch has two lighttpd processes running while an operational 12 port running v1.1.0 has three. Is that normal in each case?

Anyway, I guess a reboot or power cycle is next, which I want to avoid during high traffic periods. If that doesn't work, it may need a reflash of the firmware. Is there an SSH procedure for that?

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:48 pm

The switch started having serious performance issues with 40-80% packet loss and latency in the 400-900ms range. Rebooted it via SSH. The traffic throughput and latency recovered but the GUI is still hosed.

I think the unit will need to be reflashed. Is there a remote SSH procedure for that?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:45 am

No, sorry. Maybe tomorrow Eric can Teamview into your computer and access the switch via SSH and fix your issue?

If so I will arrange this for you, when tomorrow will be good for you?

But Eric and I just finished a new version 1.1.4 that fixes switches that had v1.2.0rc5 without having to default them.
It also fixes a bug we have been chasing for a long while and will allow a new release of v1.2.0rcX tomorrow.

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:00 am

I do have TeamViewer client running on a Win8 NAS box so that is an option. I think I'd have to install Putty on it is all.

Although the reboot function on the GUI doesn't elicit a response, it turns out the update option does initiate an upload. The GUI never refreshes and the browser session has to be manually closed and reopened afterwards, but the reflash and subsequent reboot does get performed. So I tried reflashing the unit with v1.1.3 and the GUI is still corrupt. I can try reverting to v1.1.1 or can try the new 1.1.4 if it's getting posted today.

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues