v1.5.5rcX Bug Reports and Comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
ripv

Re: v1.5.5rcX Bug Reports and Comments

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:55 am

mayheart wrote:I've installed the latest image you sent me, looks good so far.

All my problems seem resolved.

Hi just wondering if the latest image mentioned above will lead to a new RC build in the near future?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Yes v1.5.5rc3 is due out soon then v1.5.5 final soon after that.

WE NEED v1.5.5 final soon for production
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:54 pm

v1.5.5rcX wrote:
**** IMPORTANT NOTICE ****
Version 1.5.5rc2 was a collective effort where all engineer's where recalled to Netonix headquarter's to tackle what was considered the most important issue's we HIGHLY recommend installing this release ASAP and reporting your result's because we are working on a mean's of improving production and need to finalize version 1.5.5, if there where any issue's you where waiting on in this release - please note that we are still aware of them and normal development will continue after this release.

***UPDATE*** now we are at 1.5.5rc3 which continues the work mentioned above done in PA along with a few concerns on the forums.

FIXED/CHANGED
- WS-12-400-AC would not display port 5 and port 6 monitored power correctly for VH (This bug has been present since before 1.4.9) - rc1
- Added Firmware Version to page footer - rc2
- DCDC Bootloader Version and DCDC Board Rev display correctly if i2c link to Power Supply is broken on boot up - rc2
- vtss_appl is now SIGNIFICANTLY more stable than it was. This was probably the root of many other issue's experienced by users. - rc2
- SFP module interaction has improved SIGNIFICANTLY, rebooting, and general operation should no longer cause failure's. It's possible more module's are compatible as well (this requires further testing) - rc2
- Boot up now performs a gratuitous ARP broadcast, which prevents the scenario where upon a warm or cold boot (aka firmware upgrade, etc) where loss of connectivity
to the switch's management site or ssh access occurs even if sometimes otherwise the switch is operating. - rc2
- Fixed issue, upon boot or config changes, PoE wattage values would disappear on smart DC switches if i2c to the Power Supply failed. - rc2
- vtss_appl should no longer crash when Management VLAN ID is changed from default or if IP addresses are assigned to any other VLANs, and overall stability has been increased beyond rc2 - rc3
- IPv6 address's will no longer be assigned to interfaces via SLAAC when IPv6 is disabled which caused a security concern, instead it is now a configurable option - rc3

ENHANCEMENTS
- "Stats" checkbox in ports tab when disabled now removes excessive logging for the associated port - rc3
- IPv6 "SLAAC" is a separate option in the Device Config Tab under IPv6 as well as the CLI - rc3

KNOWN ISSUES
- WEB UI issues when not at 100% Zoom on browser especially on VLAN TAB
- Some language templates need help - please private message Eric Stern to help

R1 Released 8/27/2019
R2 Released 9/20/2019
R3 Released 10/10/2019

Omniflux
Experienced Member

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Upgraded to 1.5.5rc3, vtss_appl is now restarting every 10 seconds.

Code: Select all
Oct 11 10:37:02 monitor: restarting vtss_appl
Oct 11 10:37:14 monitor: restarting vtss_appl
Oct 11 10:37:25 monitor: restarting vtss_appl
Oct 11 10:37:37 monitor: restarting vtss_appl
Oct 11 10:37:48 monitor: restarting vtss_appl
Oct 11 10:38:00 monitor: restarting vtss_appl
Oct 11 10:38:11 monitor: restarting vtss_appl

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Please post the entire log of the switch.

Along with the Status, Ports, VLANs, LAG, STP, QoS, ERPS, Power, Device->Config Tab.

Or instead if you prefer it might be easier to just create a backup of the config (Utilities->Backup) and send me the config so I can recreate how your switch is setup.

Also, please let me know what type of switch this is (Model and Board Rev) but I still need to see the full log.

Omniflux
Experienced Member

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:25 pm

I tried to remove the IP addresses from the VLANs and have lost access to the switch; it no longer responds to the IP address assigned in the configuration section.

I will send you what was logged via syslog, but there's not much there.

I will send you a copy of the configuration from before I attempted to remove the IP addresses.

It is a WS-12-250-DC Rev F Mfg Date: 06/07/2019

It is still passing traffic; if I head out to the site (6 hours round trip), I will connect to the serial console and copy the log before rebooting.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Omniflux wrote:I tried to remove the IP addresses from the VLANs and have lost access to the switch; it no longer responds to the IP address assigned in the configuration section.

I will send you what was logged via syslog, but there's not much there.

I will send you a copy of the configuration from before I attempted to remove the IP addresses.

It is a WS-12-250-DC Rev F Mfg Date: 06/07/2019

It is still passing traffic; if I head out to the site (6 hours round trip), I will connect to the serial console and copy the log before rebooting.

Not sure if you have the revert timer setup but if you do I would wait the allotted time plus a few minutes and see what happens. If the UI loses contact after a change it [switch] "should" revert.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Alright, will wait for whatever data you can give me.

Omniflux
Experienced Member

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:36 pm

sirhc wrote:Not sure if you have the revert timer setup but if you do I would wait the allotted time plus a few minutes and see what happens. If the UI loses contact after a change it [the switch] "should" revert.

I'm grateful for the revert timer feature as I've used it many times, however I have it set to 300 and it has been over 30 min now, so I believe I've lost access until it is rebooted.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Omniflux wrote:
sirhc wrote:Not sure if you have the revert timer setup but if you do I would wait the allotted time plus a few minutes and see what happens. If the UI loses contact after a change it [the switch] "should" revert.

I'm grateful for the revert timer feature as I've used it many times, however I have it set to 300 and it has been over 30 min now, so I believe I've lost access until it is rebooted.

Can you ping it?
Did you try SSH?

Hey just grasping at straws for you, can't hurt.

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues