Odd Problem with 8 Port

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Odd Problem with 8 Port

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:59 pm

Well I see a few things in your screen grab that I want to talk to the programmer about in regards to port 1.

Port 1 has 24V POE enabled but Ethernet Communications are Disabled.

Even though it has it's "Ethernet" portion Disabled it should still show green in the Christmas Tree on the port jack.

That Lightening bolt should be an "X" with the green around it. The lightening bolt is something for the DC switches NOT the AC switches.

I suspect some sort of loop is happening here.

Please unplug what ever is in port 1 and 2, power cycle the switch and try putting the radio in port 7 and see what happens.

Try and narrow down what is happening by breaking the problem into simple things.

You obviously have something going on with ports 1 & 2 so eliminate them and see what happens.

It is possible that with that lightening bolt on 1 that it is not actually disabling the ethernet communications in port 1.

Please explain more about what is in ports 1 & 2

ALSO WHAT FIRMWARE VERSION IS THIS?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Have you double checked that all the default gateways or static routes are set up properly and not conflicting on the port it is using for the passthru?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:11 pm

That lightening bolt on port 1 has me concerned because it should NOT be there as that is a symbol ONLY for DC switches.

I think that port 1 Ethernet communications is NOT being disabled.

I am setting up an 8 port right now to look at it, I suspect you found a BUG in our code caused by recent code added to the firmware to handle the DC switch.

It probably only effects 8 port units but I will check.

The bug is probably that when you disable Ethernet communications on a port on the WS-8-250-AC that it is NOT actually disabling Ethernet Communications on that port which might be where your problem is coming from.

I do not think it would effect R/STP or Loop Protection disabling of the port as it is slightly different.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT VERSION OF FIRMWARE THIS IS.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:17 pm

It's 1.2.0rc5 Chris.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Downgrade to v1.1.1 please

I did a quick check on v1.1.1 and I did not see that behavior on the WS-8-250-AC so I am upgrading it to v1.2.0rc5 and will see.

I also want to make sure this only effect the WS-8-250-AC which I am sure it does.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:28 pm

I just check v1.1.1 and v1.2.0rc5 on my WS-8-250-AC switch and it works fine, NO LIGHTENING BOLT?

Please post the Status Tab and The Device/Config Tab

Tony you have a way of doing things that I can not reproduce.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:28 pm

This is on v1.1.1, nothing plugged in but the uplink to our LAN, and the radio that I can now access on 1.1.1.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Configured it the same way I had it before (but this time on 1.1.1) and it functions correctly. I don't understand it man, I honestly don't. I power cycled it, unplugged, moved to another port, etc. and those freaking MAC's were crossed up between ports as shown in the first screenshot.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:53 pm

WisTech wrote:Configured it the same way I had it before (but this time on 1.1.1) and it functions correctly. I don't understand it man, I honestly don't. I power cycled it, unplugged, moved to another port, etc. and those freaking MAC's were crossed up between ports as shown in the first screenshot.

Well now the test would be to upgrade it to v1.2.0rc5 and make sure it still works if you have the time?

Also I am unclear as to what you did to fix this?

Did you just downgrade, or did you downgrade and factory default?

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:09 pm

sirhc wrote:
WisTech wrote:Configured it the same way I had it before (but this time on 1.1.1) and it functions correctly. I don't understand it man, I honestly don't. I power cycled it, unplugged, moved to another port, etc. and those freaking MAC's were crossed up between ports as shown in the first screenshot.

Well now the test would be to upgrade it to v1.2.0rc5 and make sure it still works if you have the time?

Also I am unclear as to what you did to fix this?

Did you just downgrade, or did you downgrade and factory default?

Going from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0RC5 broke it again, had to power cycle it to get it to come back. Cannot access the 620AC on port 7, and cannot access the NSM5 plugged into port 2, but can access the other 620AC that is powered from the freaking NSM5!

EDIT - I only downgraded. No other config changes have been made, even plugging the devices into the same port. 1.1.1 in this exact config works fine, 1.2.0RC5 does not.

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues