Odd Problem with 8 Port

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
WisTech
Associate
Associate

Odd Problem with 8 Port

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm having a strange problem again between ports. Just powered up port 5 with a new 620AC here in the office and lost access to the switch. Moved the radio to port 3 and powered it on, can't access the radio (default) but can now access the switch. I was unable to access the switch until I unplugged port 5. Here's what the MAC table looks like, and the address of the 620AC I plugged in.

Version 1.2.0rc5

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Re: Odd Problem with 8 Port

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:13 pm

Just tried the same radio with a toughswitch 5 powering it. No problem. Able to access the TS5, the 620AC and the Netonix wired to the same LAN.

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Any chance the 620AC is associating to an AP and causes a layer2 loop back and around through your net?

I always find it suspicious to see a a MAC in the table twice.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:28 pm

I do not know Tony, please provide more info.

Was the AC radios default?
Is there anyway the radio could connect to anything and cause a loop?
Did you check the log of the switch?

I would love to help but I really can't unless I am there looking at it or unless you provide me all the details needed to try and help.

What WS firmware version are you running?
Provide screen caps of the switch Tabs Ports / VLANs(if you have any or say no VLANS) / LAG (if you have any) / Device Config Tab
In this case maybe a capture of the Device log would be helpful.

How you described this does not allow me to help as obviously I run my WISP with these switches and we plug UBNT radios in to our switches all the time and do not have this issue so something has to be different here rather it is a bug in our code or something your doing?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:29 pm

No sir... lol =) This isn't the first time this has happened, Chris has seen this before on a hilltop with vlans. *wink*

The MAC crossing ports like that has me concerned again.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:30 pm

WisTech wrote:No sir... lol =) This isn't the first time this has happened, Chris has seen this before on a hilltop with vlans. *wink*

The MAC crossing ports like that has me concerned again.

That issue was resolved a long time ago I thought? What firmware version are you running?

As I said please provide screen grabs of all tabs so we can help.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:31 pm

sirhc wrote:I do not know Tony, please provide more info.

Was the AC radios default? Absolutely, 1.20 (with no other 1.20 on the network) and works fine in a TS5 on the same LAN
Is there anyway the radio could connect to anything and cause a loop? No sir... No other AC's here in the area it could even remotely connect to.
Did you check the log of the switch? Will do

I would love to help but I really can't unless I am there looking at it or unless you provide me all the details needed to try and help.

What WS firmware version are you running? I posted the version, 1.2.0rc5.
Provide screen caps of the switch Tabs Ports / VLANs(if you have any or say no VLANS) / LAG (if you have any) / Device Config Tab This switch is BONE ass stock, no VLANS, no LAG, etc. Literally changed passwords and enabled power.
In this case maybe a capture of the Device log would be helpful.

How you described this does not allow me to help as obviously I run my WISP with these switches and we plug UBNT radios in to our switches all the time and do not have this issue so something has to be different here rather it is a bug in our code or something your doing?

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:38 pm

This is the log with the AC620 plugged into port 7 on the switch. I am unable to access the 620AC but can access the switch.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:44 pm

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:46 pm

And no... the freaking AC Test AP is not defaulted, lol. I have that port disabled so another 620 attached to an NSM5 with POE Passthrough enabled can associate to measure power draw under load.

Speaking of... I cannot access the NSM5 with the 620 plugged into port 7, but can access the other 620 that's plugged into the POE passthrough port on the NSM5! LOL

Next
Return to Hardware and software issues