WS-8-150-AC no response after firmware update

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-8-150-AC no response after firmware update

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:34 pm

Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

joewifi

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

The switch went down again today. It seems to be going down more frequently. This is in a production environment and I am concerned the problem is getting worse. Can we get it replaced?

joewifi

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:50 pm

ok, thanks. no we have never installed any additional software for managing the switches

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:01 pm

joewifi wrote:The switch went down again today. It seems to be going down more frequently. This is in a production environment and I am concerned the problem is getting worse. Can we get it replaced?

OK so at this point we do not know if this is a switch issue or something else is the issue.

Normally one would swap a unit out and if the new unit fails the same way then you need to investigate.

Some questions I would ask.

1) When you say down when you go on site is the switch power LED on?
2) If the power LED is on did you attempt to console into the unit with the serial port and see whats up?
3) Is the switch connected DIRECTLY to the battery bank or powered by a charger or power supply?

4) If the unit is not hooked DIRECTLY to the battery bank then do so, see this post:
https://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4450&p=27007&hilit=+heaven+forbid#p27007

Another thing that can cause a switch to simulate a lock up but is not a Flow Control, try turning Flow Control off on all ports and see.

But you can always RMA a unit back and we will look at it but we never replace a unit we repair them, but if you send us a unit back RMA that nothing is wrong with it you may incur a $25 service fee.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

joewifi

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:27 am

sirhc wrote:
joewifi wrote:The switch went down again today. It seems to be going down more frequently. This is in a production environment and I am concerned the problem is getting worse. Can we get it replaced?

OK so at this point we do not know if this is a switch issue or something else is the issue.

Normally one would swap a unit out and if the new unit fails the same way then you need to investigate.

Some questions I would ask.

1) When you say down when you go on site is the switch power LED on?
2) If the power LED is on did you attempt to console into the unit with the serial port and see whats up?
3) Is the switch connected DIRECTLY to the battery bank or powered by a charger or power supply?

4) If the unit is not hooked DIRECTLY to the battery bank then do so, see this post:
https://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4450&p=27007&hilit=+heaven+forbid#p27007

Another thing that can cause a switch to simulate a lock up but is not a Flow Control, try turning Flow Control off on all ports and see.

But you can always RMA a unit back and we will look at it but we never replace a unit we repair them, but if you send us a unit back RMA that nothing is wrong with it you may incur a $25 service fee.

Thanks again for getting back to me. The switch is down today again. I am having an onsite employee go take a picture of the lights. The device is AC so it is not using a battery, it is plugged into a surge protect strip. We could change it to a ups if you would like. Also flow control is on, but we can try turning that off. This environment is a business network where they have several netonix's powering ubiquiti indoor wifi access points. The other switches are staying up fine. I would swap switches for testing, but the other netonix switches are different size. When the switch is down i am unable to login into it's gui.

I will let you know what the lights look like later today. Also if you think we should put the switch on a ups?

joewifi

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:05 am

on the switch the ports going to access points, the the upper right lights are on solid. activity lights on all ports are mostly off, maybe a rare blink every minute or two.

pc directly plugged into switch can't ping switch.

power light on switch is on

i rebooted and back working again. Turned off flow control, will monitor.

joewifi

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:02 pm

tried with flow control off. It has stopped responding every day since then. It has been worse. Either it is degrading or the flow control off made it worse. Will now turn flow control back on

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues