Downgrade 1.5.0?

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
nightshadow36

Downgrade 1.5.0?

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Is there a possibility to downgrade back to 1.5.0 firmware?
I updated to 1.5.2 about 6 days ago. WS-24-400A

This is the first time this has every happend on the switch and it may just have been bad timing that i upgraded a few days before it happend.
Anyway the switch completly locked me out and was not passing any traffic. I had to factory reset then things started to work again.
ports 1/12 are on POE for ubiquiti Radios, M5/AC I have also noticed that if I connect or disconnect a LAN cable all the PoE lights go of for a second.

This might be compleatly unrelated to the firmware, I never touch the switch only to clean it out once a year.
Never had any problems on other firmware so maybe a downgrade is safer.
Thank you.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Re: Downgrade 1.5.0?

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 pm

It's possible that the config didn't get updated properly going to 1.5.2 since it was jumping 2 full versions and factory resetting it corrected the config. This happens rarely during upgrades but it's not completely impossible.

In general we recommend to avoid downgrading. I would say let it run for awhile on 1.5.2 to see if you see something like this again. If you do, then discuss it with us here first so we can try to isolate why it occurred.

nightshadow36

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:34 pm

OK.
Thank you for your time.
I have not had any issues since the reset.

nightshadow36

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:52 pm

Its happend again.
The switch just stopped passing traffic.
I unplugged from the electric, when connected again the POE lights did not come on and no access to the switch.
I have had to factory reset again to get traffic passing through. Seemed to happen when i disconnected a lan cable.
I need to downgrade upgrade or something 1.5.0 worked perfect for me. Or is this something else a broken switch?
Nothing has changed on my network apart from the upgrade.
This switch is running 8 Setors for my clients + home Wifi

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:05 pm

Well you could be experiencing a packet locked switch caused by Flow Control especially if your running a FLAT network.

Try turning OFF Flow Control on all ports.

If this is a packet lock you would not need to reboot the entire switch.

Simply console in and disable 1 port at a time and when you hit the offending port the traffic will resume. You could also unplug 1 cable at a time.

Did you try using the console port before power cycling, this is why we put it there (on all but the WS-6).

Flow Control can be problematic with wireless links and should not be used on large flat networks.

UBNT's advice is to disable it all together.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

nightshadow36

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Amazing after 5 years of having a draw full of cables i decided to throw them all out 2 weeks ago.
I do not have a console cable.
In the switch everything is set to flow control none - is that what you ment? They have always been set to none

I have it set up very basic ports 1/12 poe port 24 to Mikrotik PPPoE
All other ports free unless i need to connect my laptop

Maybe this problem has always been on my switch normally i 90% of the time never touch it, only to update and normally i never plug in remove any cables.
I updated a few days ago weeks? I have been adding anothe server to connect to the switch seemed to notice it locks up when a cable is removed added.
Not sure if this has always been like this or because of the upgrade. Im sure there might have been a couple of times I have been removing adding cables with out me remembering but thats because i have never had problems on it.
Now I am scared that is for any reason a cable moves or if i need to add another network device the switch will stop passing traffic, I have it about 4 years now but not in a position at the moment to buy another one.

Is there anything else I can do?

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Whenever it stops passing traffic, are you at all able to ssh into it or access the web UI? If it has something to do with unplugging and plugging in a cable, it might have something to do with the mac tables. Refreshing them might help.

If possible, see if you can acquire the logs - it might be best to setup a syslog server so that when it fails sending packets, just check where it left off and it might provide some more useful information.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:04 pm

Would be nice if you get a console cable so if it happens again you can console into it and see whats up. I would also familiarize myself with our CLI "before" you need it. Be able to navigate and see whats going on in the CLI. Too many people wait until there is an emergency then try to fumble around, the time to learn the CLI is before you NEED the CLI. The CLI and the console work the exact same.

Also would be nice if you posted up screen grabs of all your TABs that have any changes from default.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

nightshadow36

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Nothing has really been changed from default
ports 1/12 changed to 24v
Ip of switch changed
Username password changed.
Thats all

Is this firmware of 1.5.0 anyware to test?
Even learing the CLI I woud not know what to look for.
It seems to be happening at the wrong time, if i had the spare cash I would buy another one and make tests with the one i have.
Problem is it on a productive network so I have to getit working as quick as possible.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Stephen can PM you link to download v1.5.0

Next
Return to Hardware and software issues