VLAN Trunking not working

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
keefe007
Experienced Member

VLAN Trunking not working

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:02 am

I noticed that VLAN trunking is actually not working the same as a toughswitch.

Unless i add every VLAN to the Netonix switch that i need to pass it doesn't trunk it. On a toughswitch all i have to do is click 'vlan trunking' on a port and it'll automatically pass all VLANs.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: VLAN Trunking not working

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 am

keefe007 wrote:I noticed that VLAN trunking is actually not working the same as a toughswitch.

Unless i add every VLAN to the Netonix switch that i need to pass it doesn't trunk it. On a toughswitch all i have to do is click 'vlan trunking' on a port and it'll automatically pass all VLANs.

Sent: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:50 pm
by keefe007We just deployed one of the 8 ports at a tower site and it looks like VLAN trunking isn't working. Any ideas? We need a fix asap or we'll have to reinstall the old switch.

If you are running v1.1.0 rc19 VLAN trunking is definitely working properly, several users have verified this on the forums as well as our own lab testing.

We would be happy to help you tomorrow though, it is a little late here, 11:02 PM.

Send an email with a detailed description of your application and a screen capture of your VLAN tab along with a backup of your config file to rory@netonix.com.

He will assist you tomorrow in determining what is wrong. I would help but I am leaving in the morning to go to the WISPA America show.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:09 am

Please post up a screen grab of your VLAN tab and send config file to Rory tomorrow but there have been several people already report this works as expected plus we had tested this numerous times.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

keefe007
Experienced Member

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:57 am

It worked fine on my WS-24-400A but it is not working on this WS-8-250-AC. I'll send to Rory now. I have another WS-8-250-AC I can test with at my office.

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:17 am

Did yours come with v1.1.0 rc19 already installed, or did you update it?

If you did it, I wonder if you reset it to defaults afterward?

keefe007
Experienced Member

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 pm

I just tested another WS-8-250-AC out of the box and it doesn't trunk vlans when I enable it. I also rebooted this one and it still wont trunk them.

keefe007
Experienced Member

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:31 pm

I've discovered the problem. VLAN Trunking doesn't work properly on this switch until at least one VLAN is added to the switch. If no vlans are added it won't trunk. As soon as I add a vlan(any vlan) it'll start trunking them all properly. This is probably why my WS-24-400A worked fine--I had to add a vlan for a customer access port on that switch.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:15 pm

rory is investigating and if possible will push out a fix in final release of v1.1.0

Return to Hardware and software issues