JustJoe
Experienced Member

Re: airfiber 5X POWER

Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:57 am

No worries, I understand :)

QuadeHale

Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Hey man, you're already doing a great job. I would spec these at all my sites with more mature firmware. The only spot I wouldn't put one is in a datacenter, but really that's mostly because i don't need "all dat PoE" in the datacenter!

I can't imagine many more PoE formats popular enough needing support. I think if you buckle down on your firmware like you've been doing, you're going to come out the end with a solid product - move some units, get yourself happier =)

Great job so far. Hope you're out of your funk soon!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:40 pm

QuadeHale wrote:Hey man, you're already doing a great job. I would spec these at all my sites with more mature firmware. The only spot I wouldn't put one is in a datacenter, but really that's mostly because i don't need "all dat PoE" in the datacenter!

I can't imagine many more PoE formats popular enough needing support. I think if you buckle down on your firmware like you've been doing, you're going to come out the end with a solid product - move some units, get yourself happier =)

Great job so far. Hope you're out of your funk soon!

Not sure how mature you want it to be? We are getting ready to finalize v1.1.0, after that we are not adding any new features to this firmware except and bug fixes that people may find for awhile and concentrating on the firmware features the DC switches need.

The firmware has been in development for over 8 months, I started running my WISP on these switches back in July of 2014.

The only thing we are testing in the firmware at this point in the Firmware is mundane things like NTP, Ping watchdog, scheduled port bounce, and SMTP alerts.

Now if someone finds a bug we are all over it.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues