Request Feedback v1.1.0 - PLEASE

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Request Feedback v1.1.0 - PLEASE

Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:01 pm

We really want to move forward with finalizing and labeling v1.1.0 as stable final release.

We have been doing a lot of internal testing but we realize one can never test every possible application/config.

We would really appreciate those that have implemented v1.1.0rc18 provide feedback.

Are you having any issues?
Did the upgrade go smoothly?

What features are you using such as LAG, STP, VLAN, VLAN Trunking, VLAN IP, Loop Protection, Port Isolation, IPV4 or 6, Access List, Flow Control, and such would be nice.

Do you like it, do not like it, and such.

We need to finalize this version so we can move forward with the DC firmware modifications and finish the CAP firmware.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

adairw
Associate
Associate

Re: Request Feedback v1.1.0rc18 - PLEASE

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:00 pm

Using Powered ports, VLAN's & Isolation and so far so good in our config. :)

I need to go test SMTP and NTP

adairw
Associate
Associate

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Enabled SMTP and changed the port (because I thought it was wrong) and applied the change. Now I can't access the web interface..
Buuut, also at the same time I told The Dude (the software) to scan it for SNMP info...

(edit)
SSH works. but no web even after telling the dude to stop polling it. can the web interface be restarted from the command line?

(edit 2)
I turned off SNMP on the dude and still couldn't get in to the web interface. So I waited awhile and it started working (http).
Re enabled SNMP and I'm still holding a connection to it. Seems like making the change on the SMTP port and saving it caused it to wig out for a little bit.

overkill

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:08 pm

I had the same issue with SMTP. I could also ssh into it but could not access the web interface for a little bit. I was trying to configure gmail before I read that I would have to downgrade security and with two factor authentication it's not possible.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:52 pm

The last time I entered SMTP settings was with rc13 and had no issues then.

The last time I changed NTP settings was with rc15 and had no issues.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:02 pm

adairw wrote:Enabled SMTP and changed the port (because I thought it was wrong) and applied the change. Now I can't access the web interface..
Buuut, also at the same time I told The Dude (the software) to scan it for SNMP info...

(edit)
SSH works. but no web even after telling the dude to stop polling it. can the web interface be restarted from the command line?

(edit 2)
I turned off SNMP on the dude and still couldn't get in to the web interface. So I waited awhile and it started working (http).
Re enabled SNMP and I'm still holding a connection to it. Seems like making the change on the SMTP port and saving it caused it to wig out for a little bit.

overkill wrote:I had the same issue with SMTP. I could also ssh into it but could not access the web interface for a little bit. I was trying to configure gmail before I read that I would have to downgrade security and with two factor authentication it's not possible.

Well the question is what did you changed the SMTP port to and really why would you but it SHOULD work unless you give a port that interferes with HTTPS.

I will ask Eric and Rory to look at this but you need to provide more info to recreate it.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:09 pm

lligetfa wrote:The last time I entered SMTP settings was with rc13 and had no issues then.

The last time I changed NTP settings was with rc15 and had no issues.

OH I know they work with this version we tested this but we did not change the port and test it.

overkill

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Okay it works now. What did you do? ;)

I had to create an application specific password. Used Port 587 and checked Secure.

tfadgen

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:55 pm

I just upgraded a live 12B version this morning and it has been running without problems and has been running flawlessly for 3+ hours, passing 50Mbit of traffic.

* Powers AF5 and AF24 and two ports power 24V Mikrotik routers.
* Uses Flow Control
* NTP and Email configured
* Uses no other features

I loved that I could see the upgrade detail as it upgraded; continued to power connected devices, was only down a total of 20 seconds during reboot.

Problems: NTP -- switch shows correct Zone time in status tab GMT time in log file

SMTP-- From Name is not populated, unless you call from Root what you want. I believe it would be nice if possible that it sends using the name of the switch.

What is SMTP currently used for? What is its future uses??

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:34 pm

tfadgen wrote:Problems: NTP -- switch shows correct Zone time in status tab GMT time in log file
This is common practice with large organizations spanning several TZs that collect logs to a central syslog server.

Next
Return to Hardware and software issues