FIRMWARE v1.1.0rc13 Vlan config problems

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Uintadave

FIRMWARE v1.1.0rc13 Vlan config problems

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Good morning,

I just upgraded to FIRMWARE v1.1.0rc13 and things were great... until i made changes to the Vlan. for some reason it seems that it no longer matches up for port or vlan.

For example I had Vlan 100 on ports 9U 10T and 11T I added port 8U and after applying the Vlan was down. I could see arps trying to work but it was like one way. I moved the IP address from the Vlan on port 11 to the actual interface and then I could ping stuff on port 9 and 8. It was like the switch stopped tagging and made it port isolation instead.

I made sure the port isolation was off by the way.

I reverted back to wispswitch-1.0.10rc15 and the Vlan started working again.

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Re: FIRMWARE v1.1.0rc13 Vlan config problems

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:20 pm

So this worked until you attempted to make a change on the VLANs?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:08 pm

We verified this bug and are working for a FIX ASAP.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Uintadave

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Awesome.
mhoppes yes it seemed to work fine untill the config was changed.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Chris... I'll say it as nice as I can, since we're friends, but I mentioned this issue with the firmware you had released fixing the ports won't power up when unit was cold booted that you released New Year's Eve didn't I? I sent screen shots, Dad talked to Rory about it, emails were sent, our particular config sent, we changed configs to duplicate yours, etc. and we never heard back about it. I told you my Dad was pretty heated about not getting a call back, so I installed a 24 port I had here thinking it was a problem with the switch. As the OP posted, it's port-specific, look back at the screen shot I sent you, it shows it! I'm hoping this fixes the issues that we reported 12/31/14!

Thanks man,

Tony

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:49 pm

WisTech wrote:Chris... I'll say it as nice as I can, since we're friends, but I mentioned this issue with the firmware you had released fixing the ports won't power up when unit was cold booted that you released New Year's Eve didn't I? I sent screen shots, Dad talked to Rory about it, emails were sent, our particular config sent, we changed configs to duplicate yours, etc. and we never heard back about it. I told you my Dad was pretty heated about not getting a call back, so I installed a 24 port I had here thinking it was a problem with the switch. As the OP posted, it's port-specific, look back at the screen shot I sent you, it shows it! I'm hoping this fixes the issues that we reported 12/31/14!

Thanks man,

Tony

Tony,

I am sorry Rory did not call you back, I will investigate tomorrow why? I thought he told me he was waiting on a call from your father?

The safest only fully TESTED version right now is v1.0.10 final release

v1.1.rc5 is also pretty fully tested but not certified as a final release.

v1.1.0rc11 has a VLAN issue - PULLED
V1.1.0rc12 was defective - PULLED
v1.1.0rc13 still has a VLAN issue - PULLED
v1.1.0rc14 still has a VLAN issue - PULLED

We are having issues since v1.1.0rc5 becuase we implemented "Allow all VLANs" which threw a monkey on the VLAN config logic routine

We hope to have a fully tested v1.1.0rc15 tomorrow
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:28 am

Thank you for responding. Something was definitely broken and I have the jacked up switch from the hill in the office and can replicate the problem between the same ports the OP is posting about, and confirm that it was only when changing a config. I just emailed you the email sent to Rory so we're all on the same page.

Thanks bud,

Tony

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:05 am

WisTech wrote:Thank you for responding. Something was definitely broken and I have the jacked up switch from the hill in the office and can replicate the problem between the same ports the OP is posting about, and confirm that it was only when changing a config. I just emailed you the email sent to Rory so we're all on the same page.

Thanks bud,

Tony

Tony please load v1.0.10 final or v1.1.0rc5 on your switches
We hope to have a stable tested version of the newer feature sets later today but unless you need the new feature sets I would stick with with known stable version.

Return to Hardware and software issues