DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
rkelly1
Experienced Member

v1.0.10rc15 / Fans

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:57 pm

Wow! Just loaded [color=#1861ad]v1.0.10rc15[/color]
and boy did the fans quiet down!

October 28:
Me: "What is the mfg and model of the fans used in the switch? We replace our MT Cloudcore router fans with quieter aftermarket fans. Much, much, much quieter. May want to do the same with Netonix switch…"
Chris: My fans are SUNON fans, they are quite? I pay a lot for them. They are vorpal magnetic bearings.

:shock:
Nice..maybe won't replace them now! :hurray:

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: v1.0.10rc15 / Fans

Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:44 am

Yea but when we quieted the fans down we broke the alert that fans are failing. Now some people are getting FALSE positives in the log and or SMTP alerts that they have a fan failing. - RATS, fix one thing break another. We will release a fix soon for that.

Some other fixes are coming maybe tomorrow and then hopefully "soon" finish off the Firmware Map.

We broke the port Bandwidth shaping awhile back, well actually we didn't include it, Eric is finishing that up soon as well and putting it back in.

I can not wait until the switch firmware is done and stable so we can concentrate on the CAP.

Since we used the same switch core / SOC for all our switches the firmware is the same, even for the 8 port, TOWER Switch line and the MINI 5/6 port.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues