Error saving configuration!

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
dhoetzel

Error saving configuration!

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi everybody,
we got a problem. We just want to enable one Port but the Switch does not save the config. So what we have to do?
Any possibility over ssh?

Some infos:
WS-24-400A

Firmware Version1.4.7Board RevD

Log:

Mar 5 20:41:22 UI: Configuration changed by admin (10.1.4.1)
Mar 5 20:41:22 UI: Port 10 Enable: changed from 'Disabled' to 'Enabled'
Mar 5 20:41:22 kernel: mini_fo: create_sto_file: ERROR creating sto file.

Thanks for help :hurray:

Julian

Re: Error saving configuration!

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:08 pm

can be done in CLI - ? <enter> launches context sensitive help.

Failing that, try a factory reset and set it back up, I think there may be something up with your config at the moment- not sure though.

dhoetzel

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi,
good idea but the switch has no more space left to save the config :/
Maybe after a reboot?
Thanks! :)
------------------
Switch(port 10)# no shutdown
Switch(port 10)# exit
Switch(config)# exit
% Applying configuration...
json_object_to_file: error opening file config.json.new: No space left on device
cp: can't create 'config.json.working': No space left on device

Warning: file_put_contents(config.json.new): failed to open stream: No space left on device in /www/config.php on line 752

Warning: rename(config.json.new,config.json): No space left on device in /www/config.php on line 756
Press ENTER to confirm configuration change. If you do not hit enter within 60 seconds the switch will revert to the previous configuration.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:23 pm

dhoetzel wrote:Hi,
good idea but the switch has no more space left to save the config :/
Maybe after a reboot?
Thanks! :)
------------------
Switch(port 10)# no shutdown
Switch(port 10)# exit
Switch(config)# exit
% Applying configuration...
json_object_to_file: error opening file config.json.new: No space left on device
cp: can't create 'config.json.working': No space left on device

Warning: file_put_contents(config.json.new): failed to open stream: No space left on device in /www/config.php on line 752

Warning: rename(config.json.new,config.json): No space left on device in /www/config.php on line 756
Press ENTER to confirm configuration change. If you do not hit enter within 60 seconds the switch will revert to the previous configuration.

Do not export/save and then import the config because if there is a corruption in the config file like Julian suggested you will export it then import it and still have the config corruption.

Factory default it then manually set the switch back up.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

matthew

Re: Error saving configuration! HELP Please..

Tue May 16, 2023 2:52 am

I've have just experienced this problem with firmware 1.5.14 on WS-26-500-DC switch, and the same issue on the 12-250-DC, this is the reason a purchased a new 26-500-DC . New configuration.. after a while saving the configuration it throws this error. Is there a way of fixing without rebooting the switch?

this is the error..

Warning: file_put_contents(config.json.new): failed to open stream: No space left on device in /www/config.php on line 776
Warning: rename(config.json.new,config.json): No space left on device in /www/config.php on line 780

mtdblock6 - jffs mount is full on other switches only 812k used

jffs file list shows only 943k - where is the other data?

matthew

Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:15 am

I seen the same problem. I've done a reset ... factory .. setup switch again. Over time it runs out of space. every time you save the config the partition fills up and eventually runs out of space... just depends on how many changes you make on your switch over time. I power on and off one of my backhauls during peak periods. I've seen this on multiple switches different models same firmware same bug.

Flo

Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:13 pm

We had the same issue about two weeks ago on a WS-26-400-AC switch running firmware 1.5.12.
I can confirm that every configuration change (Save/Apply) results in a slight loss of available jffs2 space that is not recovered.

The device affected had an uptime running of about 1.5 years with multiple configuration updates and recovered available jffs2 space after rebooting the device.

Maybe the default jffs2 filesystem has been formatted with less than-needed erase blocks or a running process blocks the outdated, obsolete old configuration: https://linux-mtd.infradead.narkive.com ... filesystem
Would be nice if this issue can be fixed with a firmware upgrade.

Return to Hardware and software issues