IGMP Snooping Not Working [WS-6-MINI]

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Stephen
Employee
Employee

Re: IGMP Snooping Not Working [WS-6-MINI]

Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:48 pm

You're going to have a hard time doing this with a WS-6-MINI because it is difficult to access the serial port.
If possible, see if you can replicate this issue with a larger model that has an rs232 port available.

Then you can use this software (or something like it) to record the output from the debug output directly to your computer:
https://www.com-port-monitoring.com/

A difficulty here will of course be that you need a computer actively working and recording for this setup. Hopefully this will be possible.

Once you have the software installed on a machine you'll use it to store the file, connect it to the rs232 port and open a putty session,
In putty - run the command:
Code: Select all
cmd
/etc/init.d/vtss_appl stop && vtss_appl -l -m -s -a -i -v 4

This will begin logging the debug data to the terminal.

Now close putty, the command will continue to run. Next begin the logger program, give it the same settings as putty and connect.
Then it should begin logging all the output to a file on the computer.

Let us know how that goes.

uberdome
Experienced Member

Re: IGMP Snooping Not Working [WS-6-MINI]

Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:26 am

It turns out IGMP Snooping remains unstable, and multicast in general remains unstable. I haven't been able to take the time to troubleshoot, but whether IGMP Snooping is turned on or off, the Netonix stops passing Join messages after an extended period of time.

I'm expecting to start replacing the Netonix switches where I need multicast, because I'm not sure I can dedicate much more time to the effort; but I will see if I can sometime over the next couple weeks.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues