v1.4.7 Bug reports and Comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

v1.4.7 Bug reports and Comments

Sun May 07, 2017 2:44 pm

Please post bug reports and comments on v1.4.7 ONLY in this thread.

v1.4.7 wrote:NOTE: MSTP is still being tested so use MSTP at your own risk.

FIXED/CHANGED
- Fixed temp sensors showing crazy values in very cold environments
- Fixed getting "unexpected link change" messages due to port bounce, watchdogs, etc
- Fixed port bounce being 1 hour off after daylight savings time changes
- Fixed VLAN tab layout getting messed up when you delete a VLAN
- Fixed mac table refresh button causing entire page to reload
- Fixed problem with QinQ when using untagged VLANs
- Fixed fan control handling negative temperatures
- Fixed input voltage graph labels
- Fixed Apply/Save becoming active when looking at MSTP configuration even though nothing changed
- Fixed port number in log messages
- Fixed issue when importing config from a RevE board to a RevF with different POE port options. Affected WS-6 and WS-12
- Fixed the support for WS-8-150-AC
- Fixed console login
- Fixed/Force powerdown/powerup limits on WS-8-150-DC to help prevent switch lock up when draining battery to 9V
- Fixed DC2DC-500 detection for WS-26-500-DC
- Fixed voltage range on dumb DC models
- Fixed QinQ
- Fixed VLAN trunking
- Fixed Access Controls not honouring the Enable setting
- Fixed switch rebooting if multiple ports lose link too quickly
- Fixed multiple ports not turning off at the same time when they have the same shutdown voltage
- Fixed unexpected link change speed message
- Fixed port selection Tabs
- Fixed slight glitch in Input Current graph
- Fixed STP tab on 12 port models
- Fixes for WS-26-500-DC
- Fixed bulk editing Flow Control on Ports tab
- Fixed updating Watchdog description if port name is changed
- Fixed bulk editing on Power tab
- Allow QinQ and Double Tagging to be used with Trunk ports
- Changed UI layout on QOS tab
- Changed dumb DC models to temporarily disable POE when input voltage falls too low instead of disabling POE in the configuration
- Changed valid DC input voltage range to 9-72V in GUI for newer board revs
- Changed valid upper range for dc output voltage from 51V to 53V
- Changed input voltage graph to auto-scale
- Changed fan control to also use CPU and PHY temp
- Changed valid temp range on Status page meters
- Changed input voltage threshold where it forgets the configured Wake up voltage and defaults to 10V Wake up on WS-12-250-DC

ENHANCEMENTS
- Added MSTP
- Automatically disable flow control on ports using QOS bandwidth limits to prevent packet locks
- Added restart timer to DC power supply to help in very cold environments with cold starts
- Added log message when time is set by NTP after boot is finished
- Added logging when STP selects new root port
- Added POE startup delay option on Power tab
- Added root path cost on STP tab
- Added portDuplex SNMP stat from CISCO-STACK-MIB
- Added ifAdminStatus to SNMP stats
- Added support for new WS-26 models
- Added Double Tagged to VLAN configuration
- Added IP Protocol to QoS rules
- Added CIDR notation in QoS Source IP rules
- Added option to log web and ssh logins
- Added LLDP-MIB and CISCO-CDP-MIB to SNMP
- Added option to change MAC aging time
- Added "Disable Power" action to watchdog

KNOWN ISSUES
- Some language templates need help - please private message Eric Stern to help

Released 5/7/2017
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

giannici

SFP ports forward traffic even if disabled!

Thu May 11, 2017 10:36 am

I have already seen this some other time, with different models and firmware.

This is what happened this time: there are two switches, a WS-12-DC and a WS-8-150-DC, connected via the SFP ports, but the SFP of one of them is disabled (so we can connect them on demand as a backup link). I just upgraded both them contemporaneously to 1.4.7 release. After the upgrade the link between them was up (causing a loop in our network!), even if the port in one of them was disabled!

Here is the image just a few seconds after a "Reset Counters". Notice that the selected port is "Disabled" but traffic flows!

Am I missing something, or is this a (huge) bug?

Thanks.

P.S.
I then rebooted the other switch and the traffic stopped, but still I do not feel comfortable, this is not the first time I have seen a disabled SFP port to forward traffic in a Netonix switch...

Eric Stern
Employee
Employee

Re: v1.4.7 Bug reports and Comments

Thu May 11, 2017 12:33 pm

I am unable to duplicate this. If you can figure out a way to reliably cause this to happen I can look at it further.

However, you would probably be better off just turning on RSTP, leaving the SFP link enabled and let RSTP fail over to the backup link instead of doing it manually. Plus then you are protected when a loop occurs in the network for any reason.

giannici

Thu May 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Please note that the RSTP WAS enabled!

Some other time, the same problem already occurred and I was saved from the RSTP, but not this time, I don't know why.

The other times, I always was playing with enable/disable of the SFP ports. Usually, rebooting the device made it to work correctly. Hope this can help...

coreinput

Thu May 11, 2017 7:50 pm

For me the upgrade went well, came from 1.4.6 after 150 days uptime, no POE loss during the upgrade. One small observation, before the upgrade the cooling would cycle on/off on some timer now the fan seems to run continually. Not sure if that was the intended behavior but wanted to mention it. Round of thanks to the beta testers and Eric for working through the list of code changes to make this smooth for me. Thanks.

giannici

Thu May 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi!

Has there been any progress with the bug I reported a few days ago about SFP ports that let traffic flows even if disabled?

Today I have found another bug with SFP ports: I disabled an SFP port (Port 14), then I have gone to the "Status" tab and port was actually shown as disabled and no traffic was flowing, but then I returned to the "Ports" tab and... the port appeared as enabled!

Firmware 1.4.7 release.

I have to say that I wasn't able to reproduce it anymore, but fortunately I have immediately taken photos so I'm sure it wasn't an hallucination! I don't remember exactly but perhaps between the switch to the two tabs, maybe I removed and inserted the SFP module, but again it's only a possibility, actually I don't remember.

Anyway, surely there is something strange with disabling/enabling SFP ports...

Thanks.

giannici

Thu May 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Oh, another thing noticed today: is it the expected behavior that when an SFP module is inserted in a port, the switch "freezes" for about 10 seconds? At least it freezes the GUI and no traffic flows according to graphs (not tested if traffic actually freezes). Tested only with Mikrotik S-RJ01 module.

Thanks.

giannici

Thu May 18, 2017 12:54 pm

giannici wrote:Hi!

Today I have found another bug with SFP ports: I disabled an SFP port (Port 14), then I have gone to the "Status" tab and port was actually shown as disabled and no traffic was flowing, but then I returned to the "Ports" tab and... the port appeared as enabled!

Firmware 1.4.7 release.

I have to say that I wasn't able to reproduce it anymore, but fortunately I have immediately taken photos so I'm sure it wasn't an hallucination! I don't remember exactly but perhaps between the switch to the two tabs, maybe I removed and inserted the SFP module, but again it's only a possibility, actually I don't remember.

Hummm... I have just noticed that the "Save/Apply" button in the images is ON, so... maybe I unintentionally changed the status of the port in the "Ports" tab without saving it. So, maybe there was no bug here...

I'm sorry for the noise...

jonwang

Tue May 23, 2017 4:55 pm

I'm not sure it this is a 1.4.7 issue or HW, but I had a switch out of the blue fail on me today. WS-12-250-AC only a few month's old fed by an AF24 (but using PoE brick). It then feeds several Ethernet switches via copper and fiber.

I first tried physically rebooting the switch several times before I yanked it. Wasn't hot, no weird power issues, no storms or water, and only a hard reset as it was powering back up brought it back.

https://youtu.be/MZTXwC4xBXo

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue May 23, 2017 5:53 pm

jonwang wrote:I'm not sure it this is a 1.4.7 issue or HW, but I had a switch out of the blue fail on me today. WS-12-250-AC only a few month's old fed by an AF24 (but using PoE brick). It then feeds several Ethernet switches via copper and fiber.

I first tried physically rebooting the switch several times before I yanked it. Wasn't hot, no weird power issues, no storms or water, and only a hard reset as it was powering back up brought it back.

weird - no idea?

I would really test it out on the bench:
Test all ports for 1G links to say your laptop or something non POE
Then test all Current sensors on all ports by say using a Rocket and setting all ports to 24V and test each port to make sure current sensors are correct.
Really look it over on the Device/STatus Tab and if it seems fine I would note the issue to this unit and then if it happens again then RMA it.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Next
Return to Hardware and software issues