WS-12-250-DC Power Supply Firmware Error

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-12-250-DC Power Supply Firmware Error

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:43 pm

tinchowireless wrote:Hi, I have the same problem, witch 24V powersupply. how can I resolve the problem?

This thread has bounced around a lot on different issues. Better to explain your issue.

But your powering a WS-12-250-DC with a 24V power supply?

How many watts is this 24V power supply, and what model is it?

The SMART DC switches (WS-8-150-DC, WS-12-250-DC, and WS-26-500-DC) are designed to hook directly to the battery banks and a charging unit also hooked to the battery bank.

If your going to power a SMART DC switch with a power supply you need to make sure it is larger that the SMART DC power supply.

For instance a WS-12-250-DC is 250 watts so if your going to power it with a power supply it should be larger than 250 watts.

If your going to use a power supply why not buy the proper switch which is designed to be powered by a power supply which is the WS-12-DC. You just need to use a 48V-54V DC power supply not a 24V model.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

LingHunt

Re: WS-12-250-DC Power Supply Firmware Error

Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:11 pm

See lots of comments and different directions. Looking for clarity.

My situation:

Been updating all of our Netonix switches to 1.5.8 . Task has been non eventful but this error on 1 switch.

WS-250-DC is the switch. Spec sheet calls out External PS from [ 9 - 72 VDC ] No callout for ripple etc.

Switch is grounded via the Ground lug and PS rated to handle the 250 watt. Can't verify at this time, but switch has been in use for a long time.

After the software upgrade, everything has been running fine for 13 days now. Just the PS error tag.

Options:

-1- do nothing
-2- Reboot and check
-3- Reload software and check
-4- Send Tech to site to collect hardware data.

I know wiring scheme is not complicated, but is there other documents for me to review.

Data spec and Screen grab of Switch STATUS.

https://www.linghunt.com/ForumPosts/Spec%20sheet%20WS-12-250-DC.jpg

https://www.linghunt.com/ForumPosts/SCAP%20Netonix%20Switch%20Status%20Tab.jpg

Thanks for the help in advance. -John Martin 101Netlink

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues