QinQ Tagging Issue

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
nickwhite

QinQ Tagging Issue

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:53 pm

sirhc wrote:
nickwhite wrote:I have a strange issue on a new WS-12-250-DC switch running 1.4.2

On Port 2 have an AF24HD and I have three VLANs tagged - 115, 504, 706. I cannot see the AF24HDs (VLAN504) or the Juniper (VLAN115) on the remote POP, unless I have a VLAN that is set to Untagged on that port. It doesn't matter what VLAN is set to U. I created a new random VLAN 4094 and set it to U on Port 2 and it starts passing.

My management VLAN for the switch in this case is 115.

Your going to need to post your VLAN Tab, Status Tab, and I would explain what is plugged in where.

The way you ask this would be like me asking you this:
On my switch I have 5 VLANs Tagged 101,102,103,104,105. I can not see my 2 AF24 radios or my Cisco switch, why not?

And I do not think this is a bug in v1.4.2 but rather a request for help so you should have created a new thread not put it in here.

Here's more details. I understand the need to visualize it, so here is the topology, vlan tab, status tab. There are really only 2 VLANs in play here. AF24HD in the middle are on management VLAN 504 tagged on a /29. Juniper on remote end is tagged on VLAN 115 and is in the same subnet as Router (coming from Port 1).

Last edited by nickwhite on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nickwhite

Re: 1.4.2 - Port doesn't pass VLANs unless a VLAN is Untagge

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:54 pm

So it looks like this has to do with having QinQ enabled for VLAN 706 - changing both ports 2 and 10 to Q instead of T and Q, it then passes other VLANs and traffic.

I guess I misunderstood how QinQ operates on these switches.

nickwhite

Re: 1.4.2 - Port doesn't pass VLANs unless a VLAN is Untagge

Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:05 pm

So it would appear that you cannot have two S-VLANs on a port? Are there plans to change/expand that?

nickwhite

Re: Port doesn't pass VLANs unless a VLAN is Untagged - QinQ

Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:54 pm

So, after reading around the forums again regarding all of the QinQ posts, I think my expectations were correct. If I set VLAN 706 as Q on Port 10 and T on Port 2, I would expect that to set an outer VLAN tag (S-VLAN) of 706 on traffic coming in Port 10 and out Port 2. What I don't understand is why it would stop VLAN 115 from passing as an inner VLAN tag (C-VLAN). I should still be able to access from VLAN 115 on Port 1 and through to VLAN115 on Port 2. Or VLAN 504 as well.

Effectively, I want to give a customer Port 10 and provide a point to point between that port and a switch port on the next tower. They should be able to run their own VLANs across that. I also need to access the radios in the middle via their Management VLAN (504). I'm still trying to understand why this would interrupt my management access, or access to other VLANs on that port. Unless it is giving all traffic an outer vlan tag of 706? That doesn't seem correct to me.

the_slain_man

Re: QinQ Tagging Issue

Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Did you find any fix for this I am having the same problem?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: QinQ Tagging Issue

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:06 pm

T and Q on ingress means it accepts Tagged Packets (Either the VLAN ID specified in the matrix rule or from the Allowed VLANs list if you have it checked above the port #)

T on egress means it leaves the VLAN Tag alone once again only the VLAN Matrix rule ID or from the Allowed VLAN list

Q on egress means it strips the outer VLAN ID Tag leaving the inner VLAN tag intack
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues