Setting up PRTG to use SNMP with Netonix

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
jma

Re: Setting up PRTG to use SNMP with Netonix

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:45 am

I used PRTG 12 in the past. Then when we stopped using Ruckus and switched to UBNT I started using AirControl. But I never had monitoring for my switches.
All our switches are replaced with Netonix now and therefore I want to use PRTG 12 again to monitor my Netonix switches.
Everything works fine except the monitoring of Netonix specific things.
Installation of the MIB files was easy. Now I want to use the SNMP Netonix Library but PRTG gives me this error: No available interfaces on this device (code: PE049).
So I can not add some extra sensors that I really would like since I live in a rather hot country in the summer ... (fan speeds, temperatures).
Any idea what I might try to fix this error?

jma

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 am

I managed to find a solution that I will post here in case someone experience the same problem.
I have used Paessler SNMP tester to find out if the Netonix Library gives me a result.
It did and those results have enabled me to manually add the sensors (SNMP custom sensor with a specific OID).
For example:
- 'Board temp' needs OID '1.3.6.1.4.1.46242.3.1.3.1' with regular expression 'temp'.
- 'CPU temp' needs OID '1.3.6.1.4.1.46242.3.1.3.2' with regular expression 'temp'.
- 'PHY temp' needs OID '1.3.6.1.4.1.46242.3.1.3.3' with regular expression 'temp'.

From Paessler SNMP tester result it is easy to find the OID and the regular expression for any sensor that you want to add

cherwilco

Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:59 pm

is this mib file supposed to be working with an WS-8-150AC model switch? or is this for the DC models only?

qwerty

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:03 am

I have PRTG configured to monitor a test swtich, WS-6-POE. FW 1.5.3

Imported the MIB, added the sensors, things worked out. While looking at the port traffic sensors, I see that Traffic In, Traffic Out, and Traffic Total give me reasonable numbers, but all the packet stats remain at zero, both in table form and historical graphs. While this link had little traffic this morning, I would still expect to see some numbers. Perhaps these are not populated in the switch, or PRTG is not reading them correctly. Anyone has gotten these to work?
Attachments
PRTGSnip.PNG

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Just to cross-reference the numbers, you can check the total throughput on the switch in the UI at the top right corner. You can also monitor the live stat's of each port by clicking on the gear at the right of each port in the Status tab.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues