v1.5.15 Bug Reports and Comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Stephen
Employee
Employee

v1.5.15 Bug Reports and Comments

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:21 pm

FIXED/CHANGED
- Fixed SNMP init error (causing memory leaks)
- Fixed kernel page-cache failure
- Fixed watchdog memory leak
- Fixed leak in net-snmp causing "No MemShared" error in logs
- Fixed SFP port link flapping on config change
- Stability issue discovered from internal caching in vtss_appl fixed

ENHANCEMENTS

KNOWN ISSUES
- WEB UI issues when not at 100% Zoom on browser especially on VLAN TAB
- Some language templates need help

Released 4/21/2024

mnitech

Re: v1.5.15 Bug Reports and Comments

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:46 am

Can't seem to update from Netonix manager.

Log shows

Device 'MNI-Cube-NSwitch-New' (172.19.19.xxx) error during upgrade: Error unpacking firmware file /tmp/upgrade.bin

Tried on two systems WS12-250-AC and WS12-250-DC. Both were at 1.5.14.

phongc@smwd.com

Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:59 pm

This firmware is not working dead switch.

I tried to update to firmware wispswitch-1.5.15.bin today on WS-12-250-DC and everything seems fine, switch rebooted, and nothing came up. This is a remote switch so I had to drive to a remote site to see what happened. At first look it seems like the switch wasn't getting power. I cycled power and during bootups the ethernet ports that are connected to the router seems to link up. Then when it came time to power up the POE ports it tried to power on all the ports but after 1 second everything powered down. All ports are dead at this port.

prior to update firmware is 1.5.12.

I've done many firmware updates and not really gun shy about doing it because it has never failed until today.

-

Flo

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:48 pm

@Stephen
Is this release the same as v1.5.15rc3?

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:10 pm

phongc@smwd.com wrote:This firmware is not working dead switch.

I tried to update to firmware wispswitch-1.5.15.bin today on WS-12-250-DC and everything seems fine, switch rebooted, and nothing came up. This is a remote switch so I had to drive to a remote site to see what happened. At first look it seems like the switch wasn't getting power. I cycled power and during bootups the ethernet ports that are connected to the router seems to link up. Then when it came time to power up the POE ports it tried to power on all the ports but after 1 second everything powered down. All ports are dead at this port.

I've done many firmware updates and not really gun shy about doing it because it has never failed until today.

-

Can you provide the sha256sum of the wispswitch-1.5.15.bin file you downloaded?

On linux, command is:

Code: Select all
 sha256sum wispswitch-1.5.15.bin

**UPDATE**

Also, if possible - could you provide a log of the serial output when the switch is booting up?

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:13 pm

Flo wrote:@Stephen
Is this release the same as v1.5.15rc3?

In essence yes - trying to verify if maybe there has been a corruption during download.

Speaking of which,

@mnitech

Next step I was going to suggest was to see if a direct firmware upgrade would work. But since we're seeing reports of unexpected behavior, may want to hold off briefly until we can verify the firmware being downloaded.

Naturally, I tested the 1.5.15 bin file from our server before posting it here. But I can't always simulate corruptions beforehand.

If anyone else is seeing issue's please let us know here. Preferably before this release becomes too wide-spread so I can pull it if we discover a deeper issue.

mayheart
Experienced Member

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:29 am

I've upgraded about 5 switches to 1.5.15 from 1.5.14, SNMP no longer works on any of them.

Process does not spawn, there's no errors in the log either. Running SNMPD with debug also gives no information.

Edit: Confirmed that rc3 brings SNMP back.

Edit (again):

Doing a bit of digging, it has something to do with the module loaded on startup
"dlmod nstAgentPluginObject /usr/lib/libnetonix_snmp.so"
Soon as I comment that out, snmpd starts. doesn't give all info but at least it's a starting point.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:26 pm

mayheart wrote:I've upgraded about 5 switches to 1.5.15 from 1.5.14, SNMP no longer works on any of them.

Process does not spawn, there's no errors in the log either. Running SNMPD with debug also gives no information.

Edit: Confirmed that rc3 brings SNMP back.

Edit (again):

Doing a bit of digging, it has something to do with the module loaded on startup
"dlmod nstAgentPluginObject /usr/lib/libnetonix_snmp.so"
Soon as I comment that out, snmpd starts. doesn't give all info but at least it's a starting point.

This at least confirms that the bin is not being corrupted upon download in general.

I will post here when SNMP has been fixed.

KiN

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:44 pm

Just bricked a WS-12-250-DC by upgrading to this firmware.
Everything seemed fine but it never powered back up after doing the final reboot after the upgrade.
It will try and start up from a power cycle but turns itself back off before it gets going.
Serial interface shows nothing during boot.
Currently we are running Netonix serial recovery tool, it appears to be doing something even though all the lights are off on the switch, including power and no fans are spinning.

UPDATE: Recovery Tool yielded no results, will not be updating the rest of the these to this firmware as there is no warranty on Netonix switches, too risky.

This issue is not isolated to me, this is taken from a different post a few days ago that appears to not be responded to, see above:

"This firmware is not working dead switch.

I've done many firmware updates and not really gun shy about doing it because it has never failed until today."

Baynn

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:20 am

I can also confirm this killed a brand new WS-26-500-DC, was preparing to go in to the field as a replacement. Holding the DEF button keeps the switch on indefinitely seems like, until you release it.

Next
Return to Hardware and software issues