Add a VLAN and switch dies

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
nzjimmy

Add a VLAN and switch dies

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:34 am

First let me say I love these switches very much.

Today I lost a Netonix Mini switch, and have lost two others the exact same way. It took half my network down but I fixed it in 27 minutes so my customers will forgive me.

How - I add a VLAN for a customer, select which ports are included and which are not, then hit save. It works and all is fine. The moment I log out of the switch, it crashes and is unrecoverable. This has happened exactly like this twice before.

When I get to switch, all lights are on and radios powered, just no forwarding anymore. I then pull power for 10 seconds and plug back in. As soon as the switch has power, any active, non-poe ports light up for a few seconds, then that's it.

I power the switch via POE into port1, and that port has a light, but no other ports light up with LAN connections. Resetting does nothing and no lights flash, no matter how long I hold it down for.

I see there's a recovery tool and wonder if it would help, but there's no serial port on the Mini switch.

This switch was brand new a month ago, but had been in my spares cupboard so probably over 12 months old.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Return to Hardware and software issues