Switching fabric failed?

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
picasso

Switching fabric failed?

Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:14 pm

All of my links are up but the switching side of the WS-150-8 is dead. None of my raidos have a LAN wired connection says unplugged but the switch is still sending power to radios just fine. It will be a 6 hour hike for me to go up and fix this.

What steps should I take to see why this happened? How will I fix this on site after a LONG LONG hike?

wireless.jpg

Omniflux
Experienced Member

Re: Switching fabric failed?

Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:05 pm

If you can connect via the serial port, you may be able to find something in the logs to indicate what happened. I have had units stop responding before, and sometimes power cycling the switch resolves the issue; once you do this though, the log files are lost.

If power cycling does resolve the issue, I recommend verifying you are running the latest firmware version (currently 1.5.5). Several memory leaks and other issues have been found in earlier versions.

Omniflux
Experienced Member

Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:08 pm

I suspect your issue may be due to low battery voltage. It appears you have lost the blades on your AirX (wind speed too high?), and I would not expect to see optimal performance as you have it installed.

picasso

Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:25 pm

I hiked up and just pulled the switch I cant trust it yet I guess, replaced with the dumb Tycon. 5 hour hikes suck. Low battery voltage kicks in at 22v and the power to the WS-150-8 gets cut from the solar charge controller. I had setup the voltage based link on / off in the WS-150-8 However the switch never wakes up, all the 24v links are up but no eth. It is a problem with the WS-150-8 and yes I was on 1.5.5 current firmware.

I pulled the airx when i moved to lith* based battery, I need to change that charge controller first.

picasso

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:11 pm

no comment is this a bug or a config problem? Why did the switch fabric never wake up yet repower links?

picasso

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:59 am

Glad to had Netronix's input on this problem.... /s

Dave
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:18 am

sorry, I missed this one...no idea what issue could be, we have 1,000's of this models being used as you describe...it seems your saying you have a charger that can be programmed to provide power on/off to the switch, and on one of the power ups switch network function didn't work.

please test in your lab to see if switch is truly dead, and if it is, you will need to RMA it for me to find out what died.

picasso

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:46 am

see also viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5896

switch woke up after a power cycle, but switch fabric does not rewake on lower power event.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:00 am

I will have it retested in our lab again, we did lots of testing before & it always worked fine. I will report back to you.

bpnz

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:39 am

These are a life saver - https://www.ezyswitch.co.nz/ All my sites have them.

Basically you can put one in, power it off the batteries (it uses very little power) and have it connected to a NC relay so you can send it a text message to “restart the switch” or if the power got really low for some reason you could turn the switch off completely. Plus it’ can also send you a text at any voltage you want to say “low battery”.. handy if the network ever goes down, as text will still work.. assuming cell coverage..

Return to Hardware and software issues