Many Broken WISP Switches; Need to repair the boards!

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
danmanners

Many Broken WISP Switches; Need to repair the boards!

Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:30 pm

Hey @chris, hopefully this message finds you well. Copying and pasting my private message to you, with a few edits. Hopefully this doesn't get lost, as believe my previous messages have been.

Hey Chris hope you've been well. Got a weird one for you. Just realized that we have two switches with the same MAC address after about 2 years. Put them on the same network and as you can expect had some ARP issues between the two switches. Last 6 of the MAC address is 61-61-2E, and it looks like this switch was repaired by you around October/November 2017.

Additionally, my organization is wondering about what it might look like to purchase a block of 10 to 20 spare WS-12-250-AC boards and possibly 6-10 spare WS-8-AC boards. We have a bunch of boards that have 2-4 ports dead due to folks either mis-crimping cables and popping PoE and/or data on some ports or have had other issues that have the switches no longer powering on at all past the green LED. We'd love to be able to have a faster turn-around time by having myself repair the switches.

I'm more than capable of replacing the boards in the switches myself, but I simply don't have any available.

Let me know if there's a better way to contact you.

Thanks!

-Dan
Attachments
IMG_20190918_162807.jpg
All of these switches either have dead ports or no longer function in one or more ways.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Many Broken WISP Switches; Need to repair the boards!

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:31 pm

We do not like selling boards, we do sometimes for foreign customers due to customs issues.

Also you will pay more for a replacement board then we charge for RMA board repair or replacement.

For instance to buy a WS-12 board is $199.95 but a board replacement via RMA is $175.00 but the board may possibly be able to be repaired for less.

Also boards have to be programmed for the switch they are going in as same board is used in differnt models.

Then we have to track serial numbers with MACs and so on.

Just better to RMA them.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

danmanners

Re: Many Broken WISP Switches; Need to repair the boards!

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:49 am

Totally makes sense. I'll have my guys do that now, thank you Chris!

Return to Hardware and software issues