WS-8-150-AC - Port Description Bricks Device

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
zgould

WS-8-150-AC - Port Description Bricks Device

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:10 am

Good morning,

Just purchased a WS-8-150-AC & upgraded it to firmware (1.5.1).

First time using a Netonix switch. Boot-up & firmware upgrade were the first things I did before configuring the switch for testing.

Issue:

If I change the port description - Example: ljmo-core-fwa-01_ge0/0/0 & then save the config, the switch completely stops responding and requires a power-cycle to restore it.

Is there a more stable firmware revision that I should be on? It terrifies me that changing a port description causes such issues.

Thanks!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-8-150-AC - Port Description Bricks Device

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:16 am

I just discovered this last night as well while performing some work at my WISP. It appear to addicts some models and not others which is weird.

I discovered it happened on WS-24-400A but did not occur on my WS-26-400-AC.

Either way I I plan to speak with programmers today and get this addressed. It was late last night around 2AM as I was doing network maintenance so I simply downgraded to v1.5.0 and as I said planned to get on this today.

I understand that new units require v1.5.1 for fans to operate as we want to it is important.

I did not check last night if v1.5.2rcX fixed it but will today.

Anyway sorry, and we are on it. For now you can use v1.5.0 the fans just do not operate as intended so look for a response in this thread
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

zgould

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:05 am

Enough power cycles got the descriptions to stick, but I found another bug (possibly?)

I'm attempting to change the login credentials for the device. The username successfully changes, but the password ALWAYS remains as 'admin'.

Since this switch isn't in production yet, I'll stay on 1.5.1 & continue to pump out any issues I find.

Appreciate the quick response.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Yea we are looking into this all now.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

cswanson

Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:43 am

Having recently upgraded a good portion of our devices to 1.5.1, I am following this issue as well.

We had a switch do this to us last month prior to the 1.5.1 release (it was running 1.5.1rc3, I believe). Ended up having to send a tech on-site and factory-reset that particular switch. We also had a switch yesterday spontaneously turn off a POE port in the middle of the day, for some reason... no clue if it was just a weird glitch or related to the recent upgrade.

At any rate, thanks for your work on this, sirhc. I'll be watching for updates from you and your team.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 pm

We are working on this bug. Soon we hope to release a new v1.5.2rcX.

However this bug normally shows it head when using STP and a LAG. Never saw it happen unless there is a LAG although since the bug is related to STP.....MAYBE?

Return to Hardware and software issues