WS12-250-DC - Power supply dead?

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
deerefanatic

WS12-250-DC - Power supply dead?

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:16 pm

I have a WS-12-250-DC that I put in on my main tower site back in late November. This Thursday night, the local factory across town had a transformer explode. My Netonix totally died, but thankfully everything else on the tower was OK. I swapped it out with a MikroTik switch that I was testing to get back online. I took the cover off the Netonix today and it appears the DC power supply took a hit. The Green LED on the PSU lights up, but there is no voltage output on the 6 pin header that goes to the switch mainboard.

The tower is an old, abandoned water tower. It is piped into the city water supply pipes, has 4 ten foot ground rods, one at each corner. Each rod is attached to the tower leg and also to a copper ring around the tower that attaches to a copper bus bar at the bottom. #2 to a copper bus bar at the top that has #6 going to each radio and the netonix. 24VDC from power bricks that are plugged into Tripplite double-conversion UPS's. Everything is OK except the Netonix. I wonder if there was a massive ground current due to the transformer explosion, as this tower sits between the factory and the substation. (Substation is across the road from this tower)

All that to say, what do I need to do in order to get a replacement PSU for this switch?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS12-250-DC - Power supply dead?

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 am

You need to RMA to unit for repair.

Is the Electrical service ground rods bonded to the tower ground rods?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues