Possible Memory Leak - FW 1.4.9

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
zdsimpso

Possible Memory Leak - FW 1.4.9

Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:11 pm

I haven't found this reported on the forms for the 1.4.9 firmware, but I believe there is a memory leak somewhere.

I've got a few WS-12-250-DCs across my network and I'm seeing the free memory all both of them slowly drop over the period of about 10 months.

Switch1 Memory Leak.png

Switch2 Memory Leak.png

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Possible Memory Leak - FW 1.4.9

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Well considering we are on version 1.5.0 or v1.5.1rc7 try upgrading the units and see what happens.

v1.4.9 is closed an no further development will occurr. However a lot of people are using v1.4.9 and not reporting this.

Also there are security holes in v1.4.9 so maybe if your switches are accessible by web they are hacked?

I have some switches using v1.4.9 that have been up for over a year.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

cbl

Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:13 pm

I'm showing memory leaks in 1.5.0. One device that's been up 111 days. Originally had 38% memory in-use post-reboot, now 51%. It's slowly trending up for sure.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:19 pm

I have several switches that are up for over a year. It's hard for me to get much more than that as I have to constantly upgrade some units to test and I also want the security patches in the newer firmware.

Eric did say memory will grow a bit over time as the switch uses it for stuff (technical terminology) but there is no memory leak that will cause a problem. We had a real memory leak that did cause an issue many versions ago but was fixed.

up time.png
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues