v1.4.9 Bug reports and Comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: v1.4.9 Bug reports and Comments

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:01 am

dnixneodevine wrote:Hi!, dont know if someone have this issue too, sometimes, when i get by snmp sysuptime it gets me higher value (239 days) but the device shows the real uptime, when i reboot the device, all back to normal..

EDIT: if i disable and enable SNMP it fixes this problem.

thks

When you think you find a bug please try the latest version which is v1.5.0rc3 and see if it is already fixed.

v1.4.9 is a closed version, v1.5.0rcX is being developed.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jigsawnz

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:21 am

Hello,
I am experiencing the following issue which I think might be a defect:
Whenever I specify a shutdown time for in the power tab in the 12am range and apply config it immediately turns poe off for that port.
example: current local time shown in switch is 7:13pm, configure shutdown time 12am, startup time 6am and apply config and it powers down poe port. same for 12:01am

Current workaround set shutdown time to 11:59pm.

WS-8-150-DC, Firmware Version 1.4.9, Board Rev F

Julian

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:26 pm

jigsawnz wrote:Hello,
Whenever I specify a shutdown time for in the power tab in the 12am range and apply config it immediately turns poe off for that port.
example: current local time shown in switch is 7:13pm, configure shutdown time 12am, startup time 6am and apply config and it powers down poe port. same for 12:01am

well, that isn't the expected behavior.

Your issue has been duplicated and referred to the programming team for a fix. Thanks!

jigsawnz

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Julian wrote:

Your issue has been duplicated and referred to the programming team for a fix. Thanks!

Cool. You don’t know how thankful I am that previous configuration automatically was put back when I encountered this defect.

kiwibrew

Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:54 pm

SNMP Bugs in v1.4.9

The web interface for device configuration restricts the length of SNMP Contact and SNMP Location to 26 characters.

<input data-bind="value: SNMP_Server_Contact" class="" id="SNMP_Server_Contact" placeholder="Contact" maxlength="26" autocomplete="off" type="text">
<input data-bind="value: SNMP_Server_Location" class="" id="SNMP_Server_Location" placeholder="Location" maxlength="26" autocomplete="off" type="text">

In addition to breaking our internal conventions by not allowing full email addresses or location strings, this doesn't comply with MIB-II as defined in RFC1213 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1213 which has specified max length of 255 characters on these attributes for the last 27 years.

Can you please let me know if this is a limitation of the web form, a limitation of your implementation of MIB-II, or both? If it's just the web form I will alter the form locally so I can get on with making things work until you issue a patch.

Thanks.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:09 pm

jigsawnz wrote:
Julian wrote:

Cool. You don’t know how thankful I am that previous configuration automatically was put back when I encountered this defect.

Fixed, you'll get the changes on the next update.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:46 pm

kiwibrew wrote:SNMP Bugs in v1.4.9

The web interface for device configuration restricts the length of SNMP Contact and SNMP Location to 26 characters.

<input data-bind="value: SNMP_Server_Contact" class="" id="SNMP_Server_Contact" placeholder="Contact" maxlength="26" autocomplete="off" type="text">
<input data-bind="value: SNMP_Server_Location" class="" id="SNMP_Server_Location" placeholder="Location" maxlength="26" autocomplete="off" type="text">

In addition to breaking our internal conventions by not allowing full email addresses or location strings, this doesn't comply with MIB-II as defined in RFC1213 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1213 which has specified max length of 255 characters on these attributes for the last 27 years.

Can you please let me know if this is a limitation of the web form, a limitation of your implementation of MIB-II, or both? If it's just the web form I will alter the form locally so I can get on with making things work until you issue a patch.

Thanks.

Fortunately, this is in fact a form limitation so you can edit it locally to update these values in the mean time. And the patch you've requested will be on the next version.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Fri May 04, 2018 5:17 pm

IntL-Daniel wrote:There is some issue with QOS in 1.4.9. Since upgrade to 1.4.9 twenty four hours ago (5 switches in our network) many customers started to complain about not possibility to watch online videos...that sound is not synchronized with video. When I disabled all QOS rules in all switches, the problem was 100% solved. Other 100% solution is downgrade to 1.4.8 and keep all QOS rules active as before. So we stay on 1.4.8 ...

Example of our QOS tab is here:
netonix-qos.jpg

Hello IntL-Daniel, I've been investigating this one but haven't had success in replicating the issue.

Could you provide us with screen shots of all your tabs, a config file and a network diagram?

Also could you let us know what streaming service the issue was most pronounced in? (youtube, netflix, etc)

This would all go a long way in allowing us to find out what the problem might be.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues